56| She's Got a Way

Patrick

As soon as we get back from the circus trip it was time to move. Everything was in boxes since before we left in November so all we had to do is get it in our cars. The house was fully furnished and done so all we needed was our pots and pans because Danny insisted we bring them and our clothing. Plus anything we might need or want and we were ready to roll.

We drive a few minutes outside of the city before pulling up into a grey and tan house. It was two stories tall and brand new, no ones lived here yet. It has a nice porch and a porch swing for us to chill out on in the nice weather and enjoy the simple things. The back yard was fenced in and Max has so much room to be free in. The garage was empty but it fit both of our cars so that was nice. There was four bedrooms, a office, a kitchen and dining room, two living areas, and of course the basement. It was a nice size which was a little too big right now but once we have a family I'm sure we'll be begging for space.

"Lets go in" I say and she looks at me weird.

"Don't we need to move in to move in" she asks.

"I want to show you something first" I try.

"I've already seen the house though" she defends.

"I got something put in here and I think you will want to see it" I say and she turns her head to the side. Eventually she gives in and we go inside. I pull her into the first gathering room and there was a white grand piano sitting there. The stool right next to it as it say by a window for her to look out of. You can see the sky line from there and it was pretty cool.

"Oh Patrick, you didn't" she gasps.

"I did. I knew you said you missed playing and we actually have space for it now so we might as well" I shrug.

She pulls me to the seat and we slide in. She starts to play and I recognize the song.

"Still not going to sing in front of me huh" I ask and she shakes her head. I watch closely as her fingers peck the keys effortlessly. I try to remember the words as she continues to play.

"She's got a way about her
I don't know what it is
But I know that I can't live without her
She's got a way of pleasin'
I don't know what it is
But there doesn't have to be a reason
Anyway."

She turns to me really impressed that I knew the words. But I've done some research, I knew how much she likes Billy Joel so I wanted to make sure I knew some songs so we can enjoy them at our wedding. What I wasn't expecting was to be so fond of his music. I like the top 40 and hard rock type of music, but this music was so beautiful. In a lot of ways it summed up Danny, and this song was a prime example.

"She's got a smile that heals me
I don't know why it is
But I have to laugh when she reveals me
She's got a way of talkin'
I don't know what it is
But it lifts me up when we are walkin'
Anywhere."

She smiles up to me as she plays without looking. I was impressed with her playing but I more impressed with how she was looking at me. Like she hadn't seen me a million times before. Like she finds something new each and every time and she loves what she sees. Like she's never been so in love before. It's a look that makes every man feel important. Makes me feel like this is where I'm supposed to be. Right next to her falling in love in ways we weren't even sure was possible.

"She comes to me when I'm feelin' down
Inspires me without a sound
She touches me and I get turned around
She's got a way of showin'
How I make her feel
And I find the strength to keep on goin'
She's got a light around her
And everywhere she goes
A million dreams of love surround her
Everywhere."

She laughs a little when I tap her nose as she continues to peck away at the keys. I didn't even know she knew how to play, I just know she listens to it a lot. But just like her voice her playing was magnificent. Like everything she does it was so beautiful. She never fails to surprise me in the best ways. There's never a moment when I look at her, listen to her, feel her and wonder if she's the one for me. I know it. I know there's no one else in this world who amazes me every day like she does. That makes me feel so loved like she does. And no one makes me happy like she does.

"She comes to me when I'm feelin' down
Inspires me without a sound
She touches me and I get turned around
She's got a smile that heals me
I don't know why it is
But I have to laugh when she reveals me
She's got a way about her
I don't know what it is
But I know that I can't live without her
Anyway."

I finish singing as she finishes playing. Max scampers by but we leave him be as he inspects the place. I scoot her closer because I missed being in her embrace and she didn't fight it. She brings her hand up to cup my cheek as I lean into her kind touch. I was addicted and I would never have enough.

"Was that a original" I tease and she rolls her eyes. She presses her lips to mine and my fingers get tangled in her soft dark hair.

"I didn't know you could play like that" I whisper on her lips.

"You bought me a piano thinking I couldn't play" she giggles.

"Maybe" I smirk and she laughs before kissing me again.

We start to move things in and get the boxes in their appropriate places. We get our clothes unpacked and food into the kitchen before getting officially moved in. 10 hours later it was all put away. If fact I couldn't even find my fiancé and I don't remember folding her and putting her away.

I walk down the hallway on the first floor to the end. I find Danny in her new office with max on the floor in his bed beside her. She was staring at her computer screen as part of her book shows on the screen. I start to rub her shoulders and she relaxes in my hands.

"Whatcha doing" I wonder.

"Trying to write. I'm tired but I'm feeling inspired" she claims.

"Inspired by what" I wonder.

"By you. I'm always inspired by you" she claims turning around.

"Me? What did I do" I ask a bit surprised. She's the inspirational one, I'm here more for comedic humor.

"It's nothing you do per say, it's who you are. It's how you see things, how your mind works. It inspires me every day" she says. How lucky am I?