65| He Shoots and He Scores

Patrick

After Danielle got her dad in a new doctors office and they get him new medication he started doing really well. David moved out of Stans basement and stays by himself in a apartment in Chicago not too far from here. He can get around all by himself and even for his car hooked up so he can drive easily. He lost his left leg so it wasn't that hard for him to drive but it's something small he can look forward to.

And since things are finally getting back to normal we get back to planning for the wedding. Suzanne has taken care of the boring stuff Danny and I don't want to do like figuring out where everyone will sit and how many chairs we need and we get to go cake tasting today. I didn't really care about we chose, but I'll find any excuse to eat a bunch of cake. Playoffs start next week but I'm going to eat like they didn't.

We get inside and look around at the different cakes. There was a lot of pretty ones to choose from and I wasn't sure what I wanted. They all looked so nice.

"How are we supposed to choose" I ask.

"I don't know, can we have hem all? There's no such thing as too much cake" she claims.

"See... this is why I love you" I tease and she giggles. I peck her lips before lacing her fingers through mine. We walk around and look at cakes until we come across one she really likes. She studies the details closely making sure she doesn't make a thing.

It was a three tier white cake with a bunch of fall colored flowers and butterflies coming up the side of it.

"Wow, have you ever seen anything so beautiful" she gasps

"Every day" I say and she starts to blush. The consultant comes over and they talk about the cake. We decided to use that one but also get another one since there was doing to be so many people there.

Finally it comes time to taste the different cakes and I could be pretty helpful. At first we try all the usual flavors; vanilla, chocolate, and red velvet. And of course those were good but I wanted something new.

So we get some different ones like salted caramel and dark chocolate with raspberry and strawberry cheese cake. But then we didn't know which one we liked best so it hard to narrow it down.

"Well your sister hates chocolate so I guess that helps taking the chocolate one out" Danny starts.

"Really? Which sister" I ask and she laughs.

"Jessica, she says it's too rich and tastes like crap" she claims and I nod. I did not know that.

"Since when did you get to know my sisters better than I did" I ask.

"Since I started becoming a part of the family" she claims.

"Really... then which sister is lactose intollerant" I ask.