49| Will You Marry Me

Patrick

We arrive in Cancun at the end of August. It was hot as hell but considering how much time we are around the ice it was a nice change. The resort was absolutely amazing, everyone working there was so nice and you could ask for anything and they'll do it. Yesterday I asked for a pair of underwear and they actual brought me some.

So far we have spent most of the time at the beach just laying out listening to music and swimming in the ocean. I didn't think she would get so tan but she's got it going on. She looks like a golden goddess. I guess that's what happens when you take a girl who spent her whole life up north down south for a few days. The whole time we have been here she's been smiling really big and it made my heart happy.

As for today, it comes time for me to be a man and make big boy moves. I convinced Danny that we were getting our pictures taken at sunset for some cute pictures. And while that is true, we were getting our pictures done because I was proposing, not just because I wanted professional pictures of us here. So tonight would be the night and I have to admit I was nervous. Okay really nervous. I didn't think she would say no but this is huge for me, for us. I wanted everything to be perfect but it was causing me to worry to much.

"What's got you so jumpy" she asks as we sit in a restaurant eating dinner. We were dressed nice to get our pictures taken later and I decided to eat first. But I just ordered my food then picked at it once I lost my appetite.

"Nothing, I'm fine" I try.

"Mhmm" she mumbles and I smile.

"If there was a real problem you would be the first to know" I defend.

"I know, but we came here to relax and you seem tense" she explains.

"Just anxious, that's all" I say.

"Okay then, how are you enjoying the vacation" she asks.

"I'm loving every minute of it. Everything is so freaking pretty here and I have the best view in the land being by your side the whole time" I say and she blushes.

"Well aren't you sweet" she smiles.

"What about you? You feeling replenished" I ask.

"I am. I haven't even thought about school or hockey or the book since we've been here. This place is so cool and I get to explore it with my best friend" she smiles.

After dinner we head over to the beach to get the picture taken. She was wearing a beautiful white floral dress showing off her tanned skin. Her shoulders broad as they carry the weight of the world. Lately is been a lot but she's been strong. Her hair is loose curls and swirling around in the wind. Her eye reflecting the ocean creating one of their own. She was simply amazing.

As the sun starts to set we start to take pictures

As the sun starts to set we start to take pictures. The photographers have us do some poses and they snap pictures. I really did want some so might as well do them while we're here. Finally it comes time to purpose.