10| Find the Light

Patrick

It's been two days since Danny and I got in that big fight an she hasn't said a word to me. Barley even gives me a glance. I mean I know that's basically what I asked of her but it kind of hurt. Really bad. I cared for her a lot and to just have her stop being a part of my life. Like what we've been though and what we had meant nothing. It was more painful than anything I've experienced in my life. I didn't realize the damage I was causing. I was just trying to take Jonnys advice but I guess I didn't do it right.

We were about to go on the circus trip where for two weeks we would be on the road. I hated us separating on such bad terms but that was my own fault. If I was her I wouldn't talk to me either. But before we left the guys were throwing a kick back at Sharpys house as a little going away party and I know she would be there. Sharpys wife loved her and they always hung out.

Amber and I arrive right at six and it looked like the party had already started. People were mainly mingling and having fun. Those who could drink were but we were pretty young so a lot of guys weren't. I find a group of people and start to talk with them. My arm comfortably around Amber as we converse.

"Hey, where is the bathroom" Amber asks and I point down a hallway. She slips away and I turn my attention back to the group. Suddenly everyone stops whatever they were doing and looks at the door. I follow the stares but there was so many people around they were blocking the view, whatever it was.

"Is that Danny" Jonathan gasps and I stop in my spot. This can't be good.

I turn around and see Danielle in a beautiful black and gold dress. Her long hair curled and framing her perfect face. Her plump lips painted a deep red as he lips pulled into a smile. Her eyes popping with the make up and her legs looking a mile long in gold heels. She was absolutely beautiful and I was absolutely screwed. There was nothing I wanted more than to fall to my knees in this room full of guys and beg her for forgiveness.

"Wow" Jonny says and I swallow hard

"Wow" Jonny says and I swallow hard. Wow is a understatement. I stand frozen as she makes her way over to the group I was in.

"Danny... you look amazing" Jon says and she smiles. I glare at him as he shamelessly checks her out clearly liking what he saw. It made me sick.

"Believe it or not, but this is my aunts dress" she giggles. I catch her glance and she sends me a smile. First time in days. I missed this weightless feeling she gives me.

"Would you like to dance" Jonny asks and I squint at him. Since when did he like her?

"I would love to" she smiles. Well that didn't make me feel good. Since when did she like him? He takes her hand and pulls her closer to the music. I watch them walk away and become very confused. Is it possible he planted all this stuff in my head just to be with her? But she said she wouldn't date a hockey player so it wouldn't matter anyway... right?