Chapter 13: Unrightable Wrong

CHAPTER 13

ALEXA’s POV

“Okay, number one,” our professor said. “The answer is Sociology.”

Hindi ko muna chineckan ang paper ni puto girl. I’m thinking kung papano ko siya pababagsakin sa quiz na’to.

Our professor keeps on saying all the answers in her quiz. I was surprised na so far wala pang mali si puto girl. I hate to admit it but she’s really smart. I’m having a hard time tuloy kung paano ko siya pababagsakin sa quiz na ‘to. Think, Alexa. Think.

“And for number thirty,” our professor concluded. “The answer is Culture.”

“My god! Puto girl got the perfect score,” sambit ko sa aking isipan. “Hindi ‘to pwede. I have to do something.”

“Now, count the number of the correct items and put the score at the upper right corner of the paper,” utos pa ni prof. “Then pass it forward.”

And because I’m running out of time to think kung paano ko gagawing bagsak sa quiz na ‘to si puto girl, I decided na maliin lahat ng sagot niya at lima lamang ang itama. Until I found myself smiling after I put her score at the upper right corner of her quiz paper.

5/30

“You deserve this, puto girl,” sambit ko sa aking isipan.

After I got all the papers in my column, masaya kong inabot sa professor ang mga papers.

“Okay, I will announce the scores you’ve got in this surprise quiz,” our professor declared. “Let’s see who are really studying in my subject.”

Then, she started to announce the scores of the class.

“Dominguez, Jericho…” she said pertaining to Ecko’s score. “…19.”

“Gomez, Gohan…” she said pertaining to Gohan’s score. “…24.”

Wow! That’s quite high. Nilingon ko sila sa likuran. I saw how surprised and happy Gohan was. Nakipag-apir pa ito ng kamay kay Ecko at Argel.

“De Vera, Argel…” she announced pertaining to Argel’s score. “…28.”

“Wow!” I exclaimed. Then I looked again at the back just to see how proud Argel was in his score.

Until mapatingin ako kay puto girl. I saw how excited and hopeful she was to know her score. Let’s see if she can still smile that way when she found out her score.