Chapter Eighteen

●▬▬▬▬▬๑۩۩๑▬▬▬▬▬●

●▬▬▬▬▬๑۩۩๑▬▬▬▬▬●

Cedric was left stunned in the corridor without any use of magic after Milo snapped at him and continued on his way. Apparently, he wasn't the only one left hanging as Harry reappeared a few minutes later after his brother's departure looking incredibly confused. He wanted to say that Milo was just having an emotional break, but it seemed to be quite the opposite. Instead, the boy was having an emotional breakthrough. 

Finally, he realised how much he deserved in his life and how much he was worth to people if they couldn't appreciate that at all times, they didn't deserve to be included in his life, even if he cared immensely for them. Harry and Cedric had been grouped into the individuals that had taken Milo's understanding nature for granted, of course for different reasons, but in the end, they had still managed to hurt him. Milo had been through his own struggles in his life, Cedric knew that very well, but he always tried to make others happy before himself. There are only seemed to be a group of individuals that looked out for him just the same and Cedric couldn't say that he was among them anymore. 

His fears over the reaction of others had left him to hurt Milo in more ways than one. He thought about all of those that wouldn't support him and had completely forgotten about those that did support him. Two very strong women, Elspeth and Minerva McGonagall had placed their support behind the two of them, and if anyone had a problem with it, they were going to be answering to them. Cedric had a feeling that even dark wizards and witches wouldn't even dare to cross McGonagall on a good day and Elspeth would be right there to make a person physically swallow their words guided by a good punch in the mouth. 

But Milo made a good point when it came to Cedric and the way he feared his parents taking the news of their son being "different." He claimed that he had come to realise that people needed to treat him better and to Cedric that was his father. Amos needed to realise that even if Cedric shared feelings for boys, it hardly changed anything, he was still his son, he could still play quidditch and do everything else his father asked of him. He just couldn't ask Cedric to be interested in girls. It was respect that Amos needed to develop, he didn't have to like Cedric's choices but he had to respect his son enough not to ridicule him. 

Cedric knew he had to develop his own self-respect and demand that people treat him better, even if it was his father. 

However, while Milo had confused a few around him with his recent behaviour, he seemed to return to his usual self after the incident that landed in the Hospital Wing. In the sense that he appeared to be in a much better mood as he didn't have to worry about who was upset with him and who wasn't. He dove right into his classes, happy to get started with the course work that the professors were assigning.

His first class with Remus, turned out to be the best Defence Against the Dark Arts class in a long time, as he was able to put away the horrible memories of Lockhart's teaching away. The man noted that the students didn't have the strongest foundation due to the recent events that had specifically taken place during the previous years but he didn't blame them. Obviously, they had no control over the Chamber of Secrets being opened and Remus was very careful to tiptoe around the subject matter, at least for Milo's sake.