Chapter Three

●▬▬▬▬▬๑۩۩๑▬▬▬▬▬●

●▬▬▬▬▬๑۩۩๑▬▬▬▬▬●

While Milo had felt comfortable enough to confide in Cedric that he wasn't okay with the announcement of Sirius Black's escape from Azkaban, he didn't take to explaining further. Cedric could understand that he was probably nervous about a mass murderer running loose but he didn't see why it was having such an effect on Milo more so than most people. That was until he approached his mother about it after Milo decided to take a shower before going to bed. He asked his mother the details of behind the arrest of Sirius Black and even from the little information the woman could provide, Cedric understood fully as to why Milo was so upset. It was the man that had betrayed the Potters to Voldemort and killed twelve Muggles before his capture. 

"It was terrible," Anne said as she used her wand to clear the dishes from the sink. Amos was in the bedroom, reading to himself as Cedric remained in the kitchen with his mother. "The night it happened, people didn't know whether to celebrate or grieve. So many people lost but it was all over. It definitely took its toll on plenty of souls, the Auror that captured Black and brought him into custody...Hayes, that's who it was, she didn't even show up to be thanked by the Minister himself at the time."

"Hayes?"

"Oh yes, a young one too. Surprised everyone that she was able to do it so easily."

"Easily?" Cedric was beginning to sound like a broken record, simply repeating everything that his mother was saying to him. But it was mainly because he couldn't wrap his head around it either. Was his mother referring to the woman that he had spent Christmas talking to at Milo's home? He had confided in so much with the woman, it made it hard to believe that the smiley woman that was set on him talking to Milo about his true feelings was an Auror that had taken down such a dangerous criminal at the time. How could someone face such darkness for a living and still keep a smile on their face like it was nothing?

His mother simply nodded and went back to her cleaning before Cedric excused himself and headed upstairs to his room. Upon entering, Milo was fresh out of the shower, his hair still plenty damp plastered the sides of his face. The only time it wasn't all over the place. He was sitting on the spare bed that Anne had set up for him, with Paden sitting on his bare shoulder licking up the droplets that were falling from the boy's hair. The older boy didn't say anything right away as he made his way over to sit on his own bed that was directly across from Milo.

"I didn't know your aunt was the one to lock Sirius Black away," Cedric said, only to witness as Milo's head jerked up with a confused look.

"What did you say?"

Suddenly, Cedric felt as though he had said the wrong thing but it was too late to go back, he had already said too much. Pulling the collar of his shirt, Cedric swallowed nervously before leaning forward.

"I was talking to my mum while you were in the shower, I-I was just trying to make sure that you were okay about this whole Sirius Black thing. I didn't mean to intrude, but I just wanted you to be okay. Anyways, she told me that it was a young female Auror named Hayes that made the arrest of Black. She was going to be honoured by the Minister herself for the capture, I could only put it together that it was Elspeth."