Chapter Sixty-Nine

●▬▬▬▬▬๑۩۩๑▬▬▬▬▬●

●▬▬▬▬▬๑۩۩๑▬▬▬▬▬●

Cedric's world was spinning and unfortunately, Milo wasn't helping him because it seemed with every passing second, he learned something new that Milo had already known. The fact that Milo had been in contact with the mass-murderer Sirius Black and seemed actually quite alright with it, was beyond disturbing for Cedric. He knew Milo had a loving heart and was willing to work with so many people to see the good in them, but this was the next level. Now as he tried to coax Milo to go back to the castle and report it to a professor what was going on, Milo stubbornly refused and continued to make his way in the direction of the Whomping Willow.

He didn't know what possessed Milo to think that the only tree on the grounds capable of striking back was a good idea to approach. The look of determination was enough to move Cedric along for some time, but as they grew closer, he was developing his doubts and it was making him beyond uncomfortable. Eventually, he had to draw his wand to threaten Milo, so that the boy wouldn't put himself in danger. He had almost lost Milo once to the Chamber of Secrets and he never wanted to relive that feeling again.

If it meant pissing Milo off by foiling his plans, then that's what was going to have to happen. With a shaky hand, Cedric raised his wand and pointed it at Milo's back as the boy was walking along.

"I'm sorry, Milo," he whispered before he opened his mouth to call out the incantation.

Suddenly, Cedric was struck from behind and hit the ground for the second time in the day. The sound of him hitting the ground caused Milo to whip around only to see Elspeth standing there with her wand drawn. His eyes trailed down to where Cedric was unconscious, although he looked as though he had entered a peaceful sleep before Elspeth lowered her wand. 

"Aunt El, what did you do?!" Milo asked as he ran back.

"I'm pretty sure I did what Cedric was about to do to you," Elspeth informed him, " the question is what are you doing? I just spoke with Sirius and he told me to come find you out here, Milo, what is going on?"

Sirius had approached Elspeth to get her away from Fudge so that she wouldn't get involved in the mix up again. Now they were all gathered and the last person that needed to be brought into the meeting was Scabbers, otherwise known as Peter Pettigrew. 

"Scabbers, it's Scabbers. Peter Pettigrew is still alive. I found him or rather, Hermione found him. He was hiding away in Hagrid's hut the entire time. Sirius is going to grab him and I think he's going to bring him back to the spot by the Whomping Willow. We need to get there now."

Elspeth blinked several times before she rubbed her hand over her face. It was probably a lot to take in and when it came to Milo, he really didn't hold back when it came to delivering the news. Even though it was incredibly blunt at least no time wasted beating around the bush. It was all very direct and to the point.