Fourty-Six

Pike hummed as he sat up on the bed, watching his parents help his big sister clean.

He held his blanket in his lap, sucking on his pacifier.

"How you holding up, bud?" Lance sighed as he sat on the bed and scooted closer to him.

The infant peeked up at his father with his big, dark gray-blue eyes, then buried his face into his blanket with a squeak. Lance sighed and gently patted the boy's back.

Keith smiled and shook his head. "At least he's warmed up to you a little bit. He let's you hold him."

"For, like, a minute, then he's crying and reaching for you all over again." Lance huffed, kissing the top of Pike's head.

Rosályn climbed up onto the bed. "I can't find Bebum." She huffed, crawling into his lap.

Lance hummed, rubbing her back. "We'll find him. Maybe you left him in the lounge." She shrugged, settling against his chest.

Pike peeked over his blanket, then whined and held his arms out.

Keith chuckled and picked up his son. "What is it, Pike? Hmm?" Pike nuzzled into his, clutching Keith's shirt and his own blanket tightly. "Pike, baby boy." Keith sang, swaying with him.

Rosályn giggled. "Daddy, Pike is silly!"

"He's silly?" Lance gasped, looking down at her as she twisted to look up at him. "How's he silly?"

"Always making mommy hold him!" She squeaked, looking back and pointing at Pike.

"Well, you always made me hold you when you were a baby." Lance mused, bouncing her in his lap. She giggled more.

"My hair, daddy! My hair!" Rosályn wiggled, patting her head.

Lance laughed. "Alright, alright, I'll do your hair, pequeña princesa! Go get me your brush and some hair ties."

Rosályn nodded and scooted off his lap. She wiggled until she slipped off the edge of the bed and hurried into the bathroom. She hurried out a minute later with her brush and her hair ties. Keith helped her back onto the bed, holding Pike with one arm.

Rosályn crawled back over to Lance, settling in front of him on a pillow he placed there.

Lance hummed, taking the brush and two hair ties. He started brushing through her hair, pulling it all back into his hand.

The toddler hummed softly, playing with the hem of her bright pink and blue dress. Keith watched fondly as Lance concentrated fully on braiding her lovely, raven hair. Keith carded his fingers through Pike's dark, curly chestnut hair.

Pike rubbed his nose into Keith's shoulder, sniffling. He relaxed, gently patting his mother's chest.

"Yes, baby boy?" Keith hummed, returning to swaying in circles. Pike cooed in response. Keith moved around the bed and sat beside Lance. He shuffled until he was comfortable and leaned on his shoulder.

Lance rested his cheek on Keith's head as he finished off the double French braids. "Ah, my beautiful princesa!" Lance sang, lifting her up and setting her into the bowl of his lap. She squeaked and giggled, laughing loudly as his arms wrapped around her and squeezed.

"Dada!" Rosályn gasped, grabbing his arms and squeezing as tightly as she could. Lance kissed the top of her head, then leaned back to kiss Keith's.

He began to hum a soft tune, swaying slightly. Rosályn lay back on him, reaching over to take Keith's free hand. Keith gently squeezed, adjusting Pike to lay on his arm.

Keith sighed, closing his eyes. "Lance..."

"Yes, beautiful?" Lance murmured, tilting his head to press his lips to Keith's forehead.

"I want..." Keith started, shifting slightly, nervously. "I want to get married."

Lance nodded, then paused. He pulled back slowly after a moment to look into Keith's dark, sincere eyes. "Married?" He echoed, and Keith nodded. "You wanna get married?"

"Yeah." Keith lay Pike down on,the pillows behind them, the infant finally asleep. "I mean, I know it may not be for a while, but I want to get married. We're practically married already. It's just not... Official, I guess."

Lance smiled softly, shoulders relaxing. "Oh, Keith." He leaned closer, resting his forehead against Keith's. "Keith, mi amor. Mi dulce cariño." Keith smiled, closing his eyes. Their lips met softly. "Whenever you want, okay?" Keith nodded, humming happily.

~

Rosályn sat in the lounge with Berrie, Aneira and Pike. Matthew was doing a mission for the freedom fighters and Keith had to pilot the red lion, so they asked Aneira if she could stay with the children in case Lotor attacked.

Aneira, of course, said that she will. Without asking Kolivan.

The blade leader was pretty peeved with her behavior, but allowed her to stay anyway.

Pike sat in her lap, stormy blue-gray eyes on Rosályn as she played with Barrie. He clutched his favorite blanket to his chest, his pacifier loose in his gums.

Aneira had her hands on both his sides, keeping him supported.

"You going to speak soon, cub?" Aneira sang, leaning over to look down at him.

Pike tilted his head to look up at her, then suckled on his pacifier and returned to watching his sister. Aneira smiled and kissed his chubby cheek. He whined and rubbed at where she had kissed.

Berrie leapt up onto the sofa, Rosályn pulling herself up after. Berrie meowed, tail flicking amusedly.

Aneira reached over and helped Rosályn up. "Oh, you two are just so precious." She sighed and her smiled saddened. "I wish I could have been there for my own cub."

She carded her fingers through Rosályn's soft, raven locks. The toddler's eyes sparkled and she giggled. Aneira lifted and turned Pike to lay him against her chest. He whined and wriggled for a moment, then relaxed and gripped his blanket.

"I'm so glad he stayed for his two darling little cubs."

-----

965 words

Oh, shite, I think you guys guessed it.