Sixty-Nine

"Another baby?"

Keith slowly nodded, looking up at him. "Yeah. We-we don't have to try for another right now... But I do want another... I've been thinking about it for a while now, so I'm sure. I'm sure I want another baby."

Lance smiled, brushing his knuckles over Keith's cheek. "I'd love another baby... We'll have to wait a little while, but we can try."

The red paladin smiled, taking Lance's hand. "Okay... Thank you..."

The younger paladin chuckled softly, kissing Keith's forehead. "I love you..."

~

Pike clung to Keith, arms wrapped his his neck and legs hooked around Keith's waist. Keith swayed slowly, eyes closed as he rubbed up and down Pike's back.

Lance watched them, Rosályn reading one of the Olkarian books Keith had gotten when he was pregnant with her. She sat in Lance's lap, softly sounding out the Olkarian language her mother taught her.

"Ah, my bilingual little girl." Lance sighed. "¿Te gusta aprender diferentes idiomas?"*

"Sí, papá." Rosályn smiled up at him, then back down to the book.

Keith smiled softly at them. "Isn't she trilingual? Three languages?"

Lance shrugged softly. "I guess so."

The red paladin rolled his eyes, but smiled, kissing the top of Pike's head. "I have children with a weirdo."

"Hey. You happen to love that weirdo."

Keith hummed. "Maybe. I'm not quite sure, though."

The blue paladin pouted over at him, then sighed slouching back against the sofa. "Rosie, your mother hates me. Hates me, I tell you."

Rosályn giggled, setting her book aside to crawl up to and curl against her father's chest. "I love you, daddy!"

Lance grinned and squeezed her, nuzzling her cheek as she squealed. "I love mí pequeña princesa!"

Both paladins suddenly paused as the alarms blared. They sighed, Lance standing up.

"Alright..." Keith murmured, kissing Pike's head as they walked out of the lounge. "Time to go to Rosie's room."

~

"Alright, Pike got a turn. It's mine, now."

Keith smiled and rolled his eyes as he let Lance pull him closer. They still had most of their armor on from the battle, but they wore the armor so often it was like just another pair of clothing.

The red paladin hummed, leaning against Lance. He placed a hand on Lance's bicep, his other hand in Lance's. Keith lay his head on Lance's shoulder, tucking his face into the blue paladin's neck.

Lance swayed with him and a circle, his free hand placed on Keith's waist. "So... What were you thinking of naming the next one?"

"Naming?" Keith echoed, humming softly. "I have a lot of names. I like Billie... Like, for a girl, not a boy. Lily. I like Lily."

The blue paladin chuckled. "So, you want a girl?"

Keith smiled. "I guess so... But, I also thought about the name Victor or Max. I like Max. Aw, I really like Max, Lance." Keith started to whine, tilting his head to look up at Lance.

Lance laughed, rubbing Keith's back. "So, now they have to be a boy?" Keith nodded rapidly. Lance tilted his head down to kiss Keith's forehead. "I'll try my best, mkay?"

"Mmhm." Keith smiled, nuzzling back into Lance's shoulder.

"You weirdo." Lance shook his head, but couldn't help the big smile on his face.

Keith hummed as they swayed, eyes closed. Lance sang softly, threading his fingers through Keith's.

-----

560 words

Yes. It's short.

But it's sweet.

I'm proud of this chapter. How soft and calm it is...

Hope you're ready for some more angst.