The Backstories

Alek takes a moment. "Kogan, remember that one night, you and Tobias were drunk... and the next day my hands were injured..." Kogan nods

Bridgette listens carefully.

"I had gone out on the porch. I was assaulted... One of the maids put chloroform on a cloth, knocking me out..." He swallows.

Bridgette's ears lower but she listens respectfully.

"She had taken me to the barn, and tied me to a chair." Alek stops talking.

"..." Bridgette shakes her head "... and she..." She looks down.

Alek looks to the floor. "Morning came... she said she was going to get food..." Alek closes his eyes. "After the... the lake I had taught myself how to untie rope... I wish I had done it sooner but... I couldn't."

"That's why you're afraid of that..." she whispers.

Alek clears his throat. "That's not all that happened... the barn had a living space, near the roof. It's window was old but looked over a cliff."

She nods and listens.

"She had locked me in the living space so... I broke the window with the chair." He held his eyes shut with a bit more force. "She came back and started screaming about how I belonged to her... or no one.

"She ran at me... she had grabbed my jacket and I... I turned her, shoving her away... She fell out the window... down the cliff..."

Bridgette grabs his hand softly.

He put his other hand over his face.

"Shhh... Alek..." She looks at him weakly and chuckles "We have more in common than I thought..."

"I didn't mean to kill her..." He was shaking.

"Shhh hey I know... I know it's okay..." She hugs him.

Kogan looks down. Alek leans into her, saying no more and keeping his eyes shut.

Bridgette holds him there to comfort him. After a long while she whispers, "I killed Timber... and mine was on purpose..."

Alek swallows. "Today... if I had the chance... I would have..." He looks regretful just saying it.

Bridgette looks at him "Alek... every day of my life I regret that decision... no matter how terrible Timber was, no matter how many horrible things he did... He was still my best friend..." She lets go of Alek. "And watching him die at my hands was the second hardest thing I have ever had to go through."

Timber listens stiffly, hidden nearby, a tear rolling down his cheek

Alek listens. He avoids looking at her once more. "And the first..."

Bridgette gulps "The first what...?"

"Second hardest..." He muttered. He opened his eyes.

"Papa's death... Or Timber's betrayal..." She looks down "... I thought he was my friend..."
Timber disappears.

Alek places his hand on hers.

She looks at him and smiles, perking up her ears. "But we're okay right now..."

"We're safe." He smiles lightly. Kogan looks up. He nods.

Bridgette stands up. "Well... what are we going to do?"

The two brothers stand as well. "I'm not sure actually."

Kogan smiles. "We can go to your world! I've never been!"

Bridgette shakes her head "It is infested with the undead and ash. Everything is gone." Her ears lower.

Kogan frowns. "Well, we could..."

Bridgette bites her bottom lip. "We... we can't leave your kingdom like this... the king is soon to be dead, and that leaves Rose. We can't have her rule."

The brothers look to each other and shrug.

"Well, I did happen to pretend to try and kill the king. I don't believe they want me anymore." Alek starts.

Her ears perk up and her eyes slit "Let's storm the castle!"

Alek turns to her. "I'm not so sure we can do that."
Kogan nods. "It's three of us against who knows how many that would be willing to kill us or imprison us."

She pouts. "Well. What ideas do you have besides making me look like a horny elf?" She narrows her eyes.

A: (Shots fired)

Alek looks at Bridgette. "It would actually have been quite the opposite, it would make me look like it more than you." He shivers. "And I would never want to."

L: (Accidently fired shots.)

L: (Lol I almost added with you.)

L: (That's why it was so accidently.)

"Neither would I..." (both look at Kogan XD KIDDING and technically not because he said, 'pleasure is her weakness so ye) she looks down.

"Maybe not Bridgette." Kogan shrugs.

Alek turns red. "What's that supposed to mean?!"

Bridgette looks at him "Yeah I'm confused."

"I'm gay and you're not my type." Kogan chuckles.

Bridgette pauses. She laughs. "Well thank you. I'm glad you two don't want to take advantage." She smiles.

Alek thinks for a moment and sighs. "Maybe it would be best if I just turn myself in."

"ALEK!" Bridgette looks at him. "Why on Earth?!"

He puts his hands up in defense. "I just figure that everything would go back to normal!"

"Like what?! Hm?! What do you think would happen?!" She glares.

"I end up married to Rose, which apparently would happen no matter what! But you and Kogan would have a place to stay!"

"..." Bridgette gulps and looks away "... Would you be happy...?"

"Not ideally, but you two would be safe and... maybe it could ease some of the tension..."

"No Alek! I'm not letting you throw your life away like that! Not without me-! Wait- that's not what I meant to say hold on." She thinks for a moment and shakes her head "I'm not going to let you be depressed just to help us! We can figure this out!"

"Yeah! We'll be fine!" Kogan grins. "Besides Bridgette... AND I need you!" He giggles.

"I don't want to have to worry about you.

Bridgette shakes her head, clasping her hands together as if pleading "Alek you won't have to! We won't be happy without you..." Her ears lower.

"Besides, it's not like being there is any easier!" Kogan does the same as bridgette.

Alek looks at them. "Where would we even go?"

Bridgette opens her mouth to speak and hesitates. "... I'll... We'll figure it out... for now, let's go back to that secret spot and rest for the night." The sun begins setting.

Alek nods. "Alright, you need your rest." He says to both of them.

"You do too Alek..." She smiles and heads to the maze, following the stream.

Alek follows behind Kogan, who skips happily. Once inside Kogan lies by the river.

Bridgette smiles and lays in the flowers. "Goodnight guys..." She shuts her eyes and tries to sleep.

Alek takes off a bit of the bulky armor, putting it down. He leans against the hedge, thankful for his insomnia for once.

A: (AHHGHHH)

Bridgette drifts to sleep.

Kogan begins snoring. Alek sees Bridgette had fallen asleep. He took a bit of water from the stream, slicking back his hair like he noticed was common with the guards. He slipped the armor back on, helmet last of all.

He took one last look back, then heads out of the sanctuary.