The Riverside

Taking a deep breath, Bridgette begins dragging him to a tree, grunting a bit as she did. She began sitting him up slowly and laying him against it "You feel okay?"

He laughs, the movement causing a rush of pain through him. He cringes. "I've been better."

Bridgette's lips twitch "... Alek don't make me smile in a time like this..."

"You've frowned too much. Not only that, but you just helped me, you deserve to be happy at this time." He rests his head against the tree.

Bridgette sighs and shakes her head "Come on... I'm just worried for you.." She takes off his shoes "I can't help it."

His feet are red and blistered. "Oh gosh, let me handle that..." he says, seeing the damage and finding himself embarrassed. He tries to lean forward but gasps as he feels the injury once more, moving back to the tree.

"Don't you dare mister!" She says, looking at his feet "You need to sit back, and sleep. Or rest. Just relax!" She grabs the medical supplies. She takes a rag and a few small bandages.

Alek frowns but turns to look at the river.

Bridgette works on his feet, washing them gently. "... You don't need to be embarrassed Alek..." She looks at him with a smile as she continues.

He looks back to her. "It's not right for me to have you do this..." he looks to the side, rubbing his neck lightly. "Although it is very kind, of course..."

"Why isn't it right?" She gets the rag wet again and continues.

"Well I mean... you're a lady... I shouldn't have to make you do anything, if at all I should be serving you." He studies her. "At least that's how I see it..."

Bridgette pauses for a moment before continuing. "Well.... I'm not a lady. I'm an uncivilized backwoods man." She smiles at him.

He rolls his eyes. "Well maybe not, you do know medicine. Not to mention, you're far more beautiful than any backwoods man I've met."

Her face burns red. "Oh please my prince, you flatter me." She giggles and rolls her eyes, finishing cleaning them. "I'm going to try and find some herbs... I'm going to make an ointment for your feet."

"Please try to stay close..." he says, still worried about Timber.

"Of course I will! I'm not leaving your sight." She smiles and searches around, gathering a few things.

Alek looks down at his hands in his lap. Feeling uneasy about Timber, about his own health... he messes with his hands to distract his mind.

Bridgette walks back over to him and tilts her head to the side "Hm? Alek...? Are you okay?" She sits in front of him.

He jerks his head to face her. "Pardon me?" He says, not having heard her.

A: (HMMMMMMNFJSKKSJWBDJ HEHEHEHEHEH AHHHHHH)

L: (Heheheh)

Bridgette jolts and looks at him "w-what did you say?"

"Nothing, I was asking what you had said..." Alek was looking at her like a confused child.

Bridgette shakes her head as if snapping awake "R-right... That's what I thought you said..." she begins making the ointment "I was only wondering if you were okay..."

"At this point I'm asking you the same thing..." he attempts to move towards her but hissed again. "Ffffffffflip this." He mutters as he leans back to the tree.

Bridgette helps him back down, now at his side "Alek, you need to stop serving me. It's your turn to relax." She places a hand on his shoulder, sliding it down his arm to relax him.

He reddens slightly and looks to the side. "I know I know..."

"... mhm. You aren't acting like it. Your muscles are all tense with worry and pain." She raises an eyebrow.

"I'm sorry I just... can't help but think that Timber is already out there planning and I can't do anything but sit here and hope you don't get taken as I try to help but end up failing..." he grumbles, becoming more tense and frustrated.

Suddenly he feels her hands on both his shoulders, lifting him away from the tree a bit as she works on his shoulders. "You need to stop worrying Alek... I'm not going to let Timber near us... and I'll stay by you..." She smiles a bit.

His face turns red and he looks to the floor. "Yes I suppose... Thank you my lady."

She continues and looks at him with a smile "Something wrong...?"

"I'm just amazed by you." He says, his face still hot. He looks at her with the hint of a smile.

"How so?" She giggles a bit continuing. "I owe you anyways. And you still aren't relaxing, ya ding nugget."

He chuckles lightly, relaxing more. "Believe what you want, but you owe me nothing."

"Come on don't be so humble. After everything you've done, I owe you my life..." She smiles and pulls away from him, going back to working on his feet. "Dont stop relaxing or I'm going to your shoulders again."

He smiles and leans against the tree again, watching her work. Before he even realizes it, he's exhausted, and he falls asleep.

*******

A/N: Aw... This is a good.
I just got done re-reading season one and most of season two and... omg....
L....
The memories... AND PLOT OMG I CAN'T WAIT FOR SEASON TWO!!!

L/N: OH BOIO WHAT A TREAT THIS SHALL BE!