The Apology

Alek was laying on his bed, staring at the ceiling, his fingers drumming out ideas for new songs.

"Alek!" She slams open the door.

Alek jumps off the bed, reaching for his sword but paused seeing Bridgette. "Oh I'm.. how can I help you?"

She marches up and smacks him, not hard enough to leave a mark but hard enough to make a sound.

Alek stood still, placing a hand on his cheek. "Well... that's new. What happened exactly?"

She smacks him again. "How dare you treat Rose so cruelly!"

Alek looks confused. "How exactly do you mean?" He takes a step back.

"When she was being kind and apologizing you were a little prick!" She glares. "Now she's sick!"

"How does me stating facts get her sick?" He rolls his eyes. "Besides it's not like she would give any consideration into the state of Kogan or myself!"

"You forgive people Alek! You sick idiot! She cares! She does! And you were so rude to her!" Bridgette smacks him again.

Alek closes his eyes, stretching his face. He doesn't look at her. "And would you say the same for Timber..?" He asks quietly.

Her face falls and she looks down. She turns away "Timber hasn't changed... Rose was making an effort, Timber isnt."

Alek takes a deep breath. "Look, I understand that you want to see the best in people. I can't just forgive and forget as some say. She hurt Kogan and...and Torena."

Bridgette takes quick deep breaths and tries to keep her head high "Y-yeah? Well she's-she's the first friend I've ever had that hasn't betrayed me yet! A-and that's something I-I can't say about you!" Tears fill her eyes but she stands high and holds them in. She turns and leaves.

Alek opens his mouth to say something, but finds himself unable to, his mind at a blank, the song he was planning in his head. "Bridgette.." was all he could say, but she had already left.

She wipes her eyes and sniffs, taking shallow breaths, holding herself. She continues to be strong and takes a deep breath, walking to the garden.

Alek thinks of what he wants to say to her, only hearing the song in his head.

Bridgette growls and holds the key around her neck as she goes to the cottage, falling on her bed and trying to sleep.

He writes down the song on sheet music, then writes a note. He seals it in an envelope, writing only her name on it. He has a servant take it to the cottage, having them leave it on the table.

Bridgette wakes up early in the morning and gets ready and marches out of her room, ready to cover for the princess.

Anna is making breakfast. "Oh Bridgette, there's a letter for you." She says, not looking up from the food she was making. "It has the castle seal. I'd hide it before the twins get any ideas."

Bridgette seems confused "Oh..." She takes the letter and hides it "Thank you..." She runs to Rose's room and shuts the door, opening the letter.

The sheet music was six pages long entitled; For the Love of the Lost. The note however was much shorter.

Her eyes widen and she fills with shock. She smiles a bit and looks at the note.

- "My dearest Bridgette,
I regrettably inform you that I have a terrible way with words. They never can mean exactly what I wish for them to. This song was written for you. It may be titled For the Love of the Lost, but it is for those who live on, those who feel the emptiness left behind.
I give only you this song, trusting you to value it. I also wish to send my dearest apologies. My cruelty was emotion based- set to the past rather than a decent future. I regret not making an effort, no matter how I may have felt.
So, you are indeed correct and once more, I was blind to see.
Sincerely,
Alek

L: (Wham bam in a can. That took some effort and logic)

A: (IT'S BEAUTIFUL!)

L: (yay.)

Bridgette blushes slightly and smiles, hugging the music and note tightly. She smiles and walks out, leaving Rose's room locked as if Rose might be in there. Bridgette runs to Alek's room, knocking on the door.

Alek jolts awake, having fallen asleep late, pencil in hand. He stands, straightening his coat and fixing his hair before answering. Seeing Bridgette he smiles slightly, bowing.

Bridgette smiles wide at him, her eyes shinning "Play it for me?"

Alek runs his fingers through his hair. "Oh right the song. I'd be glad to."

She hugs him tightly.

Alek chuckles, not completely awake.

"O-oh! I'm sorry! I'll let you sleep!" She pulls away "I just wanted to thank you."

Alek nods. "Well I owed it to you." He yawns. "Unfortunately for me, I'm not the fastest composer." He smiles.

"That's alright, I'll let you rest. Oh! But I did want to give you this." She kisses his cheek and smiles "As an apology for last night. Goodbye!" She giggles and runs back to Rose's room.
Bridgette looks over the six pages of music, smiling to herself and studying each note written as she sits on Rose's bed.

Alek blushes, his face obviously red. Placing a hand on his cheek he smiles to himself, closing his door once again and flopping on his bed to sleep.

A: (AWWWW)

L: (AWWWW)

Alek wakes up again about an hour later, feeling much better. He changes, hating wearing the same suit twice. He still had a slight blush, recalling his talk with Bridgette.

Bridgette has left Rose's room, her heart feeling slightly pained as she realizes no one actually WAS going to check on Rose. She walks to the garden.

Alek felt bad, recalling what Bridgette had said the night before as well. He took a deep breath and knocked on Rose's door.

A: (AH. SPOKE TOO SOON)

L: (Heheh wow you really did speak too soon)

Bridgette catches him as she leaves and runs up. She bolts in front of him. "Can't go in!"

Alek steps back. "Oh! Well.. why is that?"

"She's sick! Very sick! Not for you, she's super super sick!"

"Is she really that bad? Maybe I should get a doctor or something..."

"NO! NO DOCTOR! I'm a doctor! You know this I worked with Aowin I know what I'm doing!" Bridgette looks up at him "And she only wants to see me. So ha."

Alek pats her head. "Well could you deliver a message for me?" He smiles.

"Yes. I can. What do you want to say." She pouts and swaps his hand away.

Alek paused. "Well, tell her that I was being stubborn and should have taken the time to see that we were in the same situation. And apologize... please." He smiles.

"..." Bridgette purses her lips and nods "Mhm. Okay. Got it. I will do that. Now shoo!" She shoos him away and plans a letter for Rose in her head.

Alek chuckles, walking off.

Bridgette goes back into the room and begins writing to rose about what Alek said. She seals it and sends it sighing with relief.

*******

A/N: AWWW THAT'S CUTE!!!! I like this chapter a lot cause Bridgettes got like no boundrys and flat out slaps him and Alek's so sweet and bashful in the end. It's cute.

L/N: Yeah! They're just so..ahhahgh!