The Sweet Nightmare

A: (I'm gonna kill you.)

L: (Hm?! NOOO)

L: (Why)

A: (Just preparing ya)

He wakes up to Bridgette whispering in her sleep.

Alek yawns quietly, listening to what she was saying, curious.

Bridgette is curled up to herself, shivering slightly from the cold. "C.... c.... i...." She lets out a cold breath then whispers softly as if content ".... Timber..."

Alek sits up, shaking Bridgette. "My lady? My lady wake up..."

L: (Oh shiiiii nooo)

Bridgette continues her sleep and smiles lightly.

Suddenly timbers voice comes from the tree, "Please don't wake her.... She is dreaming of me..." he is sitting across a branch, looking down at them.

Alek looks up, standing. "You act like you know something. Tell me what."

He smiles a bit "I know lots of things boy... You have to be very specific...."

"Tell me why you don't want her to be woken up. If you're so sure she still cares for you, why not speak to her directly?" Alek places a hand on his sword.

Timber mumbles under his breath as he rolls his head, cracking his neck a bit, "So many questions with you..." he sighs and jumps down. "Look at her.... She's dreaming of me... So happy and at peace... She's remembering me from before..." Timber looks at Alek blankly  "She does love me... I know she does... But letting her see that through her dreams is much more satisfying than speaking with her directly."

"Because you hurt her." Alek says blankly.

He chuckles "Pardon? She's the one dreaming about me. I don't think you can ever say the same. Little Bridgette has never dreamed about you has she.... She seeks my comfort above all..." he smirks "And she'll be mine... You are just wasted space that she uses for her own pleasure. You are nothing to her." He snaps and disappears.  

Alek pauses for a moment before shaking his head and dropping back down by Bridgette. He shakes her.

Bridgette cringes and whines. She opens her eyes halfway, pouting a bit.

Alek looks at her, smiling lightly. "I'm sorry for waking you, I thought you were having a nightmare." He laughs mentally to himself, yet his mind was clouded with doubt.

Bridgette whines again and rolls on her other side. "Why'd  you wake me...."

"What were you dreaming about? Was it nice?"

She nods. "Timber... He cooked cookies with me and drew pictures with me..." She pouts "Hmph... and you woke me up..."

Alek nods. "I'm sorry." He bites his cheek. "Please... go back to sleep..."

Bridgette nods and shuts her eyes. She tries to rest then her eyes shoot open. "W-wait?!? N-no! I didn't mean it! I hate Timber! I-i mean it!" She sits up and looks at him worried, her eyes wide.

He places a hand on her cheek. "Bridgette, are you trying to convince yourself or me?" He says, using her own words. His heart still aches.

Bridgette looks into his eyes and stares deeply into them. ".... I.... I don't know..."

He looks down. "Go back to sleep. You're okay."

Bridgette trembles "N-no wait! U-um..." She holds out her shaking arms to him a bit, her eyes full of worried hope, "C-can... c-can you cuddle me...?"

Alek nods. "As you wish." He puts an arm around her shoulder.

Bridgette cuddles against him and shuts her eyes tightly, whispering to herself, "I wasn't dreaming about Timber...."

Alek stares at the sky, what once seemed remarkable felt ever looming and mysterious. He listens to Bridgette, feeling sick.

Soon, she falls back to sleep.

Alek shuts his eyes. He swears quietly. "Know it all..." he whispers.

A: (Hehehe)

*******

A/N: Hehehe. 

L/N: Alek, dat boi, he's all snappy. AND BRIDGETTE! TIMBER AIN'T YOUR FRIEND! REMEMBER THAAT!