The Tattletail

That night the guards bathe in the water nearby as two take watch, the cook and one other. Alek did wish to be clean but didn't trust the other guards to stay kind to the slaves. The other guard ate the food Alek made for the rest of the guards as he brought the pot in to the cart.

Bridgette is watching the guards leave and she calls out to the other guard Alek is with. "Hey? Are we not allowed to bathe?"

"You'll get your turn, now stop your yapping." He takes another bite of his food.

"I'm not yapping! I was only curious."

"Hey Cooper, how about you was down as well. You smell pretty ripe, besides, I can handle a locked cart." Alek says, wrapping his blistered feet.

Bridgette smiles a bit and looks at Cooper with a smirk.

The guard finishes the rest of his food, putting the plate down. "Eh fine. I don't mind the smell but I don't like sitting and watching." Alek nods as he heads off.

"You should take a bath too." Bridgette wrinkles her nose "You smell horrible."

Alek walks over with a grin on his face. "So do you."

Bridgette tries to hold back a smile "Well it's not like I have a choice!"

He unlocks the crate and opens it wide. "Well good thing I'm getting you out."

Bridgette smiles wide "Right now?!"

Alek bows. "Of course my lady! I've waited theis long haven't it?"

Bridgette looks at everyone and smiles. "Come on let's go!"

"Quickly now, quickly." Alek says, ushering the slaves out.

Bridgette jumps out and helps others.

Down where the guards are bathing, Timber walks to them slowly, with a slick smirk.

The slaves look to Alek. "Twelve miles towards sunset, you'll find a unmapped town called Drouslemier. Go there, you'll be safe." The slaves took their turns thanking him and started to gather food from the ingredients.

Bridgette smiles as she watches them.

Timber looks at the guards bathing and announces, "I assume you are the guards that left your posts, giving your slaves the chance to escape."

"Escape?" 

The guards look at the one who was with the cook. "Ey, that chef was the one who told me to come! Besides, he's watchin' em."

"Yeah well your chef lied and is setting everyone free. I'm sure you've noticed him being quite friendly with the slaves."

The leader hits the guard upside the head. "You imbecile! Everyone return now!"

Timber smiles and walks into the woods, hands in pockets.

The last of the slaves were grabbing one food when heavy footsteps were heard, set at a running pace. Alek hears. "Not yet..." Alek hands one slave the sack of food. "Take it all and run with the others." The slave nods and hurried off. "Bridgette hide."

Bridgette nods and runs to the closest tree, climbing up it and hiding, looking down with worry.

Alek quickly moves into the cart, locking it behind him and throwing the keys. "Help! Guys, hey!" Alek shouted as the guards ran up.

Bridgette watches in suspense.

The guards shout to each other, their shouts slowing to confusion, not sure what happened. "Cook! What in all that is holy happened here?!" 

Alek held to the cart's side. "Th-the girl! She tricked me! I was an idiot to fall for it but I couldn't help myself! Get me out! The keys are there!"

Bridgette smiles a bit to herself and watches them, glad Alek is a good actor.

L/N: Keep in mind, he's a politician by birthright. 

A guard grabs the keys, rushing to open it. Alek stepped out. "Oh thank the heavens! They ran off,  that way! They took the food!" Alek pointed in a random direction that led the guards astray.

Bridgette waits until they are gone before jumping down from the tree. She runs over to him. "You're brilliant!"

Alek waits a moment longer before smirking. "I know."

Bridgette giggles and folds her arms "Couldn't help yourself huh?"

He shrugs. "It was something I couldn't miss doing." He takes her by the hands and spins her. "And now, I have you back." He smiles.

Bridgette laughs and smiles before hugging him tightly. "I missed you... I thought I'd  never see my friends again..."

"And I knew that I'd never let that happen." He hugs her. "And besides that, I've always hated slave trade. It's good that they get to go."

L: (You)

L: (You did the thing again)

A: (I DID. HEHHEHEHE)

Bridgette looks up at him, her arms still around him as she smiles. "When you're king, you can change that."

"Right..." his smile seems slightly more forced. "I'll be sure to."

******

A/N: YAYYYYY I remember that this is when Alek becomes a little TOO humble because Timber is a d*ck.

L/N: UAHHGHGHHUGHAUAUAHAUHAHGH!!