The Hint

In the morning Bridgette doesn't refuse the food when it comes to her, but she says "I'll only eat it if I can talk to you for a second."

He hands off the pot, holding the bowl. He reminds himself his helmet was on. "What is it?"

"What did you see...?" She says quietly, taking the bowl "When your friend died? It obviously wasn't 24 hours ago, and you mentioned a fox...?"

"I didn't see anything." He places her bowl next to her. "I didn't need to."

"... What do you mean by that...?" She takes a bite and chokes it down.

"I know what happened and I'm not exactly fond of the outcome."

"How do you know? What happened?" She looks curious and shocked that he knows anything.

"I know because I've been through this before." He says. "Now please, I insist you eat."

L: (A, I GOT THE LAST BOW BTW NOT YOU!)

A: (HAHA! NO YOU DID NOT I DID)

A/N: Haha, so, on the commentary. After school, L and I would normally battle to see who would give the last bow to the other. I give the last bow, but.... I have to admit, L gives the best bow. (Every. Freaking. TIME.)

L/N: I've perfected my bowing. AND, I did get it that time. 

Bridgette shakes her head "That doesn't make sense... What do you mean you've been through this before? How?"

"You'll find out soon enough I'm sure." The cook says.

Bridgette growls and looks to the side, realizing there is no way to get around it.

"Now eat your food. My own rations were used in making it." He nods his head, walking out of the crate and locking it.

"Your own..." hearing this makes Bridgette more suspicious about him, but she eats the food anyway. She did promise.

The cook moves off, cleaning the cooking supplies on his own.

She watches him with narrowed eyes, curious and weirded out by him.

******

A/N: I know I know. Short chapter. But they split off here soooo...

L/N: It will be fine. I'm sure once we have the whole story down, you'll have plenty to read.