The Orchard

Bridgette tends the orchard, smiling and enjoying her time.

The orchard isn't large, but it holds just over a hundred trees. Enough to provide for the castle.

At around noon, Alek finds himself with free time, and knowing the schedule, gets an idea.

Bridgette is carries a large basket and picks fruit while taking care of the trees. "Papa? I wonder if you ever saw me working as a gardener. Yeah I've helped Jeremiah before he died. I like it a lot."

A stifled chuckle is heard from one of the trees.

Bridgettes ear flicks and she stops reaching for a fruit. "... hm?" She shakes her head and continues picking with a smile.

As she gets to the next tree, Alek swings down, hanging from a branch with a smile on his face. "Greetings!"

Bridgette screams and runs right into his head yelping and falling back.
Bridgette rubs her head and looks at him before laughing.

Alek falls from the tree, hitting the floor and laughing.

"Poop nugget." Bridgette mumbles with a smile, standing up and wiping herself off.

Alek stays sitting, rubbing his forehead lightly. "Aww did I scare you?" He grins.

"Hmph. No. I'm not scared of you." She folds her arms and shuts her eyes. She turns away, to hide her smile.

Alek stands. "I don't know~ you seemed to scream like you were." He chuckles.

"I was just trying to scare YOU." She giggles and turns to face him.

Alek fakes a surprised look. "No! My my, how you have bested me!"

Bridgette laughs "Hey! Are you making fun of me?"

Alek holds a hand to his heart. "My lady, do you really think I would ever?" He smiles. "Because you would be correct."

Bridgette rolls her eyes and giggles "You weirdo." She smiles "I demand an apology."

He chuckles and bows, exaggerating his movements. "I am SO DEARLY sorry and I don't know I can live if I am not forgiven!" He said, bringing his hand up to his forehead.

Bridgette laughs and does a similar movement "Oh my Prince! How could I ever stay mad at you?"

Alek holds out his hand. "How could anyone?" He laughs with a wink.

She giggles and takes his hand. She smiles warmly "Do you have a reason for being here? Your future wife busy?"

He smiles and spins her. "I doubt she would mind me visiting a friend."

Bridgette smiles and nods "Yup. She's a sweetheart." She giggles "I hope she doesn't get mad at me..."

Alek tilts his head. "Why would she? How could anyone be mad at you?"

"... Hehe you're right." She smiles and grabs the basket "Look at all the fruit I collected!" She grabs one and smashes it in her hand before painting on a nearby tree.

Alek grins. "You do know we have paint for that." He chuckles.

"... Nope. Fruit works better." She smiles and continues.

"You know what it also works better for?"

"What?" She continues, not looking at him.

"I think it works best for.." he takes some of it in his hand and smears it on her face with a smile. "Making a mess."

Bridgette gasps and looks at it. She licks it off and giggles "I agree!" She spreads it all over him.

He fakes a gasp. "My lady?! You didn't!" He grabs some more, "looks like I have no choice but to retaliate!"

Bridgette squeals and laughs taking off in a run.

Alek laughs, chasing after her. He comes up behind her, picking her up and spinning her, wiping the fruit on her cheek.

Bridgette laughs and turns to face him, wiping her hands on his face "Ha! Joke's on you! I like getting fruit all over myself!" She licks her arms and cheek, trying to get the smear.

"Well then you wouldn't mind.. this!" He laughs as he rubs his cheek on hers.

L: (I have done this so it shouldn't be hard to imagine)

Bridgette laughs and tries to push his face away "Ahhh! Fine, fine I surrender!"

He laughs, stepping back and wiping his face with his hand, flicking off the fruit.

Bridgette giggles and wipes herself off, doing the same. "Aww... the dress... at least this was a better way to mess it up."

He shrugs. "Fruit can be washed out!"

"Yup!" She smiles and licks her lips. "Mm! Sweet!" She giggles and begins walking back to the fruit basket.

Alek follows next to her. "So, I'd assume you enjoy your position."

"Very much yes!" She continues her work, listening to Alek as she does. "How about you? Being prince must be wonderful!"

Alek smiles, looking at the trees. "It has its moments."

"I'm glad you are happy." She smiles at him. "Wanna see something funny?"

He turns to her. "Of course!"

She crosses her eyes and wiggles her ears up and down. She laughs "Papa taught me that. It hurts but it's funny."

He laughs. "Well be careful not to hurt yourself!"

"Its not so bad." Bridgette giggles and heads back to the cottage "How long do you have until Rose or the king notice you missing?"

He thinks. "Who knows. Honestly I couldn't care less."

"But you have to! One's your father and the other's your wife! You have to care for them as much as you care for me."

He rubs his neck. "It's not that I don't care for them, I just don't care for my duties. I've spent my whole life taking over for Kogan but now that it's my job I seem to have lost interest." He laughs.

Bridgette giggles and looks away. She stays silent for a moment. "... What are we going to do about Kogan...?"

Alek sighs. "I'm not sure. He's..he's only acted like this once before," he chuckles lightly,"And then it was about who got to stitch the final touch on a dress."

Bridgette smiles a bit "... well... I realized that he promised to always be by my side... I promised to never leave him. He may have broken his promise, but I'm not breaking mine. I'll talk to him about it." She delivers the fruit (or whatever) and heads to the castle "Thanks for visiting me Alek."

"It was my pleasure." He says with a smile before jogging off, knowing fully well he was late for a lesson.

*******

A/N: Hello! I think we're gonna start adding author notes cause they feel empty at the end.

L/N: EMPTY AS TIMBER's SOUL! Haha okay, I kid. We hope you're enjoying this so far. When we wrote this part, we both died from how adorable it was to us.