The Torn Music

Alek calls over five young girls over to the flower shop. He whispers into their ears and they giggle, running in and grabbing whole bouquets.

Bridgette goes to her flower bed and sits down. She whispers. "Papa... I don't understand why I feel so sick... or why I acted that way today when I met that guy... It's weirding me out and I feel upset..." She sighs "Maybe I don't want Alek to replace me..."

They smile and bounce on their toes. "Okay ladies, make sure everyone gets a flower!" Alek says, resulting in the girls nodding their heads eagerly, running out and handing out flowers to the towns people. Alek chooses a bouquet of pink and white flowers, holding them to his chest as he signs his name, filling out his payment. The blonde girl smiles and Alek takes a flower from a bouquet next to him and hands it to her before leaving and heading for the castle, holding the flowers with care.

Bridgette sighs and shakes her head "I'm probably boring you Papa... I'm sorry..." her ears lower and she hangs her head "Maybe that's why you don't wanna come back to me..."

"Now, that couldn't be true. Every word you say tells a story." Alek says with a charming smile as he stands behind her.

Bridgette gasps and jolts, whipping around to face him. Her face turns into a blank pout. "Oh. It's you." She stands up and dusts herself off, although her dress is still covered in blood and dirt.

Alek holds the flowers out to her. "I thought you would like these."

Bridgette looks at them and her heart flutters, begging her to take the flowers and thank him over and over. Except she gulps, feeling sick towards him. She folds her arms and says, "I can get flowers anywhere. I'm in a garden."

Alek chuckles lightly. "I suppose so." He looks at the flowers. "Although these ones smell particularly like vanilla."

"Vanilla...?" She stares at them with wide eyes, her face pink and her enjoyment hard to hide. "Well.... well I guess I'll just..." She takes them "... keep them... for the smell..."

"Now that you have your flameless candles," Alek moves next to her, grabbing one of the garden's flowers and putting it in her hair. "Is something bothering you?"

"No!" Her face burns more and she holds the flowers close as she turns away from him, pouting. "Nothing is wrong."

"Then why are you acting this way?" His smile fades to a concerned frown.

"I'm not acting like anything! You're acting weird! I'm not weird!" She pushes past him, still holding the flowers.

"Bridgette, did I do something wrong? You're obviously upset about something..." He rubs his neck, unsure.

She stops and takes a deep breath, shaking her head. "I... I'm sorry Alek... I don't know what's wrong with me... my emotions have been everywhere... First I see you with this girl.... dancing made me happy.... I keep dreaming of, you know..." She holds the flowers closer and her eyes daze "And there was that amazing guy..."

Alek rolls his eyes. "It's not like he actually cared for you. He couldn't have been that great." Alek pauses. "N-not that I mind, it's good that you're getting out and... meeting... people."

Bridgette's ears lower and she looks at him "Wait.... what do you mean he didn't care for me...?" Her eyes look wet.

Alek cringes. "W-well at least n-not how I... I mean that most of those g-guards are creeps and that was the Al-Alcor symbol on his sleeve and he must have been a part of the...brigade..." he trails off.

Bridgette catches her breath and grabs her arm, looking away with tears filling her eyes. "H-hes the first guard that has ever actually flirted with me... T-the first guy to even really notice me... a-and he... he doesn't care about me...?"