The Broken Armor

Bridgette notices and hesitates "... What's the matter...?" She places a hand on his cheek gently, using her thumb to keep his smile up.

He takes her wrist lightly, bringing her hand away with a smile. "Nothing is wrong."

She pouts and narrows her eyes "Are you sure?" She uses her other hand to do the same thing.

Alek glances a way before bringing his eyes back to her. "Yes, my lady, everything is alright."

Bridgette pauses. "..." She smiles and gets close to his face "You're lyinnnnggggg."

"And why would you think that? Besides it getting late. We should get some sleep." Alek boops her nose and takes a step back.

Bridgette pouts "You just don't seem to be telling the truth... but I'll let it slide." She smiles and lays against a tree.

Alek nods. "As you wish. And if you don't mind, I'm terribly dirty and my feet hurt so I'm going to go clean myself." He bows.

"I'll go after you. And I'll help with your feet if you need me to." She smiles kindly at him.

He nods with a genuine smile. "Thank you kindly. Yell if you need me." Alek starts walking towards the river.

Timber grabs him and slams him into a tree, growling low.

Alek grunts, his armor taking most of the pain. "Let me go!"

Timber lifts him up then slams him down on the ground, stomping on his armor so hard it dents the metal.

Alek ignores a stinging he feels in his abdomen, grabbing the foot Timber's weighty is placed on and yanking it forward in hopes of knocking him down.

Timber slams his hand on the tree to balance himself and stomps once more, breaking a part of the armor. He grabs Alek and tosses him. "You're idiotic thinking you can stop me...."

Alek hits the floor, feeling a sharp stab at his side, the broken pieces, puncturing as he landed. Alek hissed, clenching his teeth as he stands.

"Standing is a waste of energy boy." He smirks. "Let me help you..." he kicks Alek in the stomach as hard as he can.

He stumbles, placing a hand on a tree to stay up as he stands. "I don't care." Alek holds his breath as he unsheathes his sword, dulling the pain from the armor. "Besides, it's pretty cowardly to attack an opponent while they're distracted." He raises the sword.

Timber chuckles then snarls, "I am a coward. Yet it works perfectly fine for me." He suddenly perks up as if listening to something. He smirks looking back at Alek. "When Bridgette comes, tell her I miss her..." he chuckles and runs off.

"I'll tell her when I'm dead." Alek mutters, dropping his sword and dropping to his knees, the armor stabbing into him and limiting his breathing.

He tries to take off the armor but stops seeing that he is starting to bleed.

Soon he can hear bridgette's voice "Alek! Alek I found some berries and-" she gasps and drops them, staring at Alek in fear. "H-huh?"

He holds a hand out, keeping the other to his injury. "Bridgette, it's okay! It's nothing."

"NO THAT'S NOT NOTHING! WHAT THE HECK HAPPENED?!" Her ears are lowered and tears are in her eyes as she runs over to him.

"I ran into Timber but it doesn't matter." He places his hand on her shoulder. "I need your help."

Her eyes widen and she quickly nods. "Take off your armor and clothes."

Alek does so with extreme difficulty, his shirt and armor now lying on the floor, torn and damaged. Alek keeps his head towards the sky, not wanting to look at the blood he felt moving down his side.

Bridgette stares at it and trembles "O-oh my gosh..." She whimpers and runs back to grab the medical supplies. She runs back and drops it all next to him. She looks at him. "Okay.... okay.... this is going to hurt... a lot... anything i can do to make it feel better, just ask." She grabs a metal piece and yanks it out.

Alek screams, clenching his hands. His breathing becomes forced, as he shuts his eyes. "Oh heavens..." he says through his breathing.

"I know, I know..." She stares at his wounds with worry "... Two more, but first, this wound." She begins working on the wound, her mind racing with terror and anger at Timber. Yet she focuses on her work. She cleans it quickly and works on healing it.

Alek nods quickly, wanting to get it over with.

Bridgette takes a few quick breaths before yanking out another one.

He screams once more, biting down on his hand, quieting himself.

Bridgette cringes and begins working on it "I know don't worry, it's almost over. Almost over." She quickly finishes and yanks out the last one, healing that one as well. She tears off the lower bottom of her dress and wraps it around his wounds, relaxing a bit when she finishes. She looks at Alek, "H-hey! Hey it's over now..."

Alek takes deep breath, relaxing a bit. He keeps his eyes closed, feeling light headed. "T-thank you.." he spoke, letting his hand fall in his lap.

Bridgette nods and strokes his cheek "... I'm sorry..."

He opens his eyes, turning with a small, tired smile. "It's not your fault.. I should be apologizing..."

"What? Why on Earth should you apologize?" She glances at his wounds worried before looking back at him.

He places a hand on her cheek. "I... I shouldn't have left... if he had gone after you rather than I... I don't know what he could have done before I got to you..."

Bridgette shakes her head and holds his hand to her cheek, "Dont you dare apologize for that... this entire week you have been starved, blistered, strained, and now you're beaten up and almost killed." She laughs a bit but tears fill her eyes, "I should be apologizing for doing nothing!"

Alek pulls her other hand to him, kissing her knuckles. "You kept me sane. I owe you for that."

Her face tints pink and she nods slowly. ".... I'm sorry Alek... but I need to bring you to the river... I'll lean you up against a tree but it will hurt for a minute..."

Alek stiffly nods, understanding that she knew better than him. "Alright..."

********

A/N: HERE IT COMES.... IDK WHEN BUT I KNOW IT HAPPENS!

L/N: IT'S SO FLIPPIN' CLOSE BOIZ!!