The Line

When he wakes up, his feet are bandaged and there is a bunch of picked berries beside him. Bridgette is no where to be found.

He opens his eyes in shock and jumps to his feet, clenching his teeth as the wound begins to bleed slightly from the sudden movements. "BRIDGETTE?!" He shouts, terrified.

"What are you doing?!" Bridgette is standing in the river, dressed with her hair in a very messy side braid. She rushes over and quickly sits him down. "You're going to hurt yourself what is your problem?!?"

"I- When- Oh my heavens... I thought something had happened!" Alek holds to his side, keeping his eyes on Bridgette as if she would disappear if he blinked.

"I was just bathing! You need to calm down!" She sits beside him and slaps his hand away.

He closes his eyes and takes a deep breath. "I'm sorry. I was just worried for you..." he opens them again and looks to the side.

Bridgette sighs and nods, "I understand... but you really need to relax. If you don't, you won't heal..." her ears lower and she turns his head to face her gently. "Understand?"

"I know why but what if..." he slows, not knowing what he wants to say exactly.

"What if you keep panicking? And worry me? And just keep getting worse?" She gives him a look.

He frowns. "You know that's not what I want... Fine, I'll try to calm down a bit."

Bridgette smiles "Thanks!" She unwraps his feet and adds more ointment before wrapping them again.

He sighs. He takes a berry and eats it.

When she finishes Bridgette flops down next to Alek and let's out a long sigh. "There... done. Do you need anything else?"

Alek puts an arm around her. "No. You're done working." He smiles. "You get to relax too."

Her face turns red and her eyes move to his arm. "... Are you trying to snuggle with me?"

"Nope. I'm protecting you." He smiles.

She laughs and rolls her eyes. "Whatever you say." She lets him and lays back, shutting her eyes.

Alek pulls her close and lays his head on hers. He looks out over the river, enjoying the calm.

Bridgette leans against him. "... You still aren't relaxed." She smiles.

He chuckles lightly, closing his eyes and loosening his muscles. "Better?"

"Much better." She giggles and moves a bit closer.

He takes a strand of her hair and twirls it around his finger. "...My lady?"

Bridgette blushes ".... Yes...?" She stares at the grass with a relaxed smile.

"I'm glad I met you..." he smiles to himself.

She smiles more and shuts her eyes. "You know what? I am too..."

Alek lets his arm rest over her shoulder, closing his eyes once more and focusing on her presence at his side.

Bridgette soon drifts to sleep.

Her steady breathing comforts Alek to the point of almost falling asleep as well.

Before he does, he hears a sharp voice standing only a few feet away. "Get. Your. Arm. Off. Her."

He opens his eyes, knowing who it was instantly. "Or what? You'll kill me? Make her hate you even more?"

"Do it boy, before I take her now." He growls.

Alek tenses. "No."

Timber stares at him a moment longer. "... Get away from her before I tear off your arms...."

Alek hesitantly takes his arm off of her, realizing he would be defenseless if anything were to happen. "You've done enough today. Leave." Alek narrows his eyes.

He chuckles "I've done nothing except convince you to take your arm off dear Bridgette..." he morphs into a wolf and begins walking over slowly, his head low. "I've only just started..."

Alek grabs his sword and leans across Bridgette, sheltering her against the tree, ignoring the stabbing in his side. "Leave before I make you into Kogan's next scarf."

Bridgette stirs slightly in her sleep and Timber chuckles "You can hardly stand, much less use a sword. I can't believe you even expect to protect her."

"I swore to do all that I can no matter what. I'll gladly give my life if it means I die dragging you down with me." Alek holds still, muscles tense.

Timber walks closer "Oh that's easier said than done~ I still don't understand why you do so much for her..." he stops before Alek and turns human again.

"Because she's my friend, she is going to get what she deserves, which is a life free from you." His sword shakes as he talks, the gashes in his side acting as daggers.

Timber smirks and places a finger on the sword, lowering it slowly and leaning down with his face inches away from Alek's "... You are weak... you ache too much to move, and you worry too much to think. You can't prevent Bridgette from me..." he chuckles and says softly "If she is getting what she deserves... you have already failed. She doesn't deserve a fool like you..." he snaps and disappears.

A/N: L! L! IT'S THE LINE!

L/N: THE LIIINE

Alek forgets to breathe. He drops his sword, moving away from Bridgette. "A fool like me." Alek shakes his head, forcing himself to stand. He ignores the shocks his body feels with each step as he moves by the river. He stays out, speaking quietly to his mother until he falls asleep by the edge of the water.

*****

A/N: YOU LITTLE PRICK TIMBER I SWEAR-

L/N: HEHE I LOVE EVIL PEEPS TOO MUCH!! SUCH WOW IN THAT LINEE!