The Powder

When Alek wakes up he is still on the balcony, and feeling a bit better from when he was sick. Though, he still has a headache.

Alek has trouble remembering exactly why he was on the balcony or why there was a small pool of blood by his head. "Ech!" He exclaimed when he saw it, sitting up. "What in heavens..."

Bridgette and Nixxiom are no where to be seen.

Alek doesn't seem to remember Nixxiom but remembers seeing her alone in the garden. Alek stands quickly and curses. "Bridgette!" He shouts before dashing to the garden.

She's no where in the garden.

Alek shakes his head. "No no no..." he holds a hand over his mouth, biting his knuckle and searching the castle.

When he comes to his room Nixxiom opens the door and walks out.

Alek stops in his tracks, remembering vaguely that he had come before, but still finding it shocking. "Oh thank the heavens! Sir, you're... not completely dead!"

Nixxioms head whips to face him, still fierce. He grabs Alek and slams him against the wall, yet his hands are shaking. "Would you mind telling me... Alek... why the h*ll, when my daughter's mind cleared... She was sobbing and bawling, telling me she was idiotic and ugly? Mind telling me why she told me she was sold to slavery? Why she said she was beaten? Why she said she was betrayed and hurt and unloved?" He glares "Now tell me why my daughter was about TO KILL HERSELF! AND ALL YOU DID WAS STAND ON A BALCONY YELLING NONSENSE AT HER, WHILE TIMBER HELD HER IN HIS ARMS?!"

A: (Oh.... p.s... Nixxiom knew everything because of the key, and now it's even worse cause he's hearing it from his poor daughter's  mouth.)

"Nonsense?! It made sense in my head! And, I-I know that-that the recent haven't been... ideal but I swear, I'm, I didn't want any of this to happen!" Alek's eyes were wide, his hands shaking as well. He felt the pain in his chest return and hears Timber's words. You're a failure, he remembers in his mind.

Nixxiom slams him against the wall again, and Alek can notice tears in his eyes. Though his voice is still deep and strong. "I TOLD YOU TO KEEP HER SAFE AND YOU HAVE ONLY RUINED HER MORE! I knew this would happen.... I KNEW this would happen when I first saw you! But you denied ALL of it! Trying to prove you're worthy or respect!" Nixxiom let's go of him and pulls away "Well you are not..."

Alek doesn't breathe, looking to the ground. He whispers, finding himself unable to be louder. "I know..."

"Good. At least you can accept it." He turns back to the door and grabs the handle "... You should see what you've done to her..."

Alek keeps his eyes to the floor. "I-if I may, sir."

Nixxiom stares at him for a moment before opening the door and walking in.

Alek follows, holding to one arm. He glances up to see Bridgette.

She is asleep on the bed, trembling and weak. Her face is stained with tears and her hair is sticking her her cheeks. Nixxiom walks on the other side of the bed, and his eyes glint sadness before turning back to stone. "She told me about your promises... She used the key... and told me them..." He looks at Alek "Every.... single... one...."

"I kept it..." he said, mostly to himself, yet not exactly sure. He was filled with sadness, knowing he was wrong.

"Wrong..." Nixxiom's voice darkens and he glares "You did not protect her.... or be there for her... or keep her safe... or keep Timber away. You didn't keep your promise to me, and you didn't keep your promise to her." He sighs and shakes his head "But at those times when you did help her... when I wasn't there... are appreciated..." his face turns cold again "But calling her idiotic then wishing for her to take care of you? While she's facing depression and thoughts of killing herself?"