The Dance

Alek looks up to the sky, stars shining. "This must be silly, I'm sure..." he mutters. "Mother... do you remember when we sat on the porch... trying to count the stars...?"

"..." She stays silent looking at him.

"You told me that I was destined to do great things... That when I die, I'll become one myself..." He says to himself.

She takes a few steps closer, feeling almost afraid.

Alek lies still. "Is this what you wanted? To unite the kingdoms?... If so... why did you tell me to follow my heart...You don't make a whole lot of sense..."He chuckles lightly. "Goodness... This is... stupid...And you're not very good at sneaking." Alek says, sitting up.

"O-Oh...!" She jolts "S-Sorry!"

Alek leans back on his arms, looking up to the sky. "It's fine..."

She holds the key around her neck, not realizing it.

"I... I didn't mean to... intrude..."

"You hadn't... There was wasn't anything to intrude on, it's only me after all." His feet move slightly in the stream.

Bridgette's ears lower. "... Alek..." She sighs. "... I..." She struggles to find her words, still hurt and angry at him, not willing to trust him.

"I can understand why you're angry." Alek stands, taking his jacket off and laying it on the table. "I would be too."

Bridgette looks down and nods "... I'm glad you understand..."

"... Alek?"

Alek searches for what he wants to say. "You've been through so much. I can't help but think that all I seem to do is cause you more pain." He chuckles lightly, looking up again. "I'm glad Kogan has been so kind to you."

Bridgette stares at the ground  for a moment longer. "I... I never got to dance with you at the ball..." She looks down at her feet "maybe.... b-before I stop trusting you forever... we could... dance?"

Alek turns to her. He bows, holding out a hand. "It would be an honor."

Bridgette looks at his hand before taking it, staying silent.

Alek says nothing, guiding her into dance position. He begins to lead.

She follows along and looks into his eyes. She moves swiftly with him, silent.

Alek spins her, not saying a word, but thinking of what he would like to.

Bridgette giggles and begins making music with her mouth, bursting into laughter.

Alek smiles lightly and hums a song, dancing with a bit more enjoyment.

Bridgette laughs and dances happier as well, smiling wide with her ears perking up.

Alek laughs as well, lifting her up and spinning her.

She laughs and holds herself up on his shoulders, smiling down at him with glee.

He lowers her, spinning her out and pulling her back into his arms, dipping her with a warm smile.

Bridgette is laughing and looks into his eyes and smiling wide, clinging to him happily.

Alek holds her here for a moment longer before raising her to her feet with a smile. He kneels before her. "Thank you my dear."

She blushes slightly and gives him curtsy "Of course, my lord..." her eyes glance up at him.

He takes her hand and kisses it, looking up to her with a smile.

Her face turns red and she stares at him in awe. She shakes her head and pulls her hand away, looking down "Thank you... for the dance I mean..."

He stands and nods. "I'm glad you asked."