The Bonding

Alek sat, sitting with perfect posture in the chair across from his father. The king leaned on the desk, hands folded and stared at Alek.

A: (PLEASE. PLEASE)

"Father, was there a reason for calling me here?" Alek asked after waiting a moment.

A: (GONNA CRY)

"Alek, what do you think of me?" He didn't move.

Alek chooses his words carefully. "You're a noble man who does well for the kingdom."

A: (ALEEEKKKK)

The king stares for a moment in silence. "That's not what I mean."

"I'm afraid I don't seem to understand your question."

The king stood up, walking next to Alek. There was a pause. The king reached his hand forward and Alek flinched, closing his eyes and turning away.

"I see."

A: (OH MY HEART NO)

Alek blinked, confused. "I..I'm sorry?"

"Stand up lad." Was all the king said. Alek did as he said, swallowing.

A: (NO. DON'T HURT HIM. NO.)

There was another pause.

A: (HUG. NOW HUG)

The king brought Alek into a tight embrace. "My son.." the king whispered.

Alek shook, completely bewildered.

A: (OMG YES YES YES YES YES BRIDGETTE DID A GOOD. THE KING DID A GOOD. ALEK YOU ARE GOOD. U WELCOME.)

"S-sir?" The king held on.

"My son! I never realized.. you need to understand.."

Alek's eyes widened. "You're dying aren't you?!" He was horrified.

The king shook his head chuckling lightly.

A: (This makes me so happy.)

"Alek you need to understand that I do love you. I thought that.. if you could be the perfect ruler.. they would see the good in you! I was blind to what you wanted!"

Alek looked at his father. "Father I.." Alek paused and didn't know what to say. "Where is this coming from?"

A: (HEHEHHE THIS IS SO PERFECT)

"It doesn't matter. What matters is that it happened." Alek hesitated before hugging his father back, his mind numb.

The two spent the next hour talking, the king shedding a few tears. By the end, Alek smiled.

A: (MY HEART IS DEAD. YES)

"Alek, I never did hear what you had to say after the ball." The king said, eyes regretful yet glad.

"Oh..it was about the wedding.. but.." Alek was interrupted.

"No, tell me what you would have said that night."

"Things were different then. It doesn't matter what I wanted to say." Alek rests his head on his hand.

The king waits a moment. "Did I ever tell you how your mother and I met?"

******
A/N: AWWWWW I LOVED THIS CHAPTER!!! IT IS A GOOD. A NEXT WE HEAR A STORY OF ALEKARS MOM AND AWWWE LIFE IS GOOD UNTIL TIMBER BE A LITTLE SHIIIIIII-

L/N: Timber is ALWAYS a little..chicken nugget!