The Deserving

After a few hours Bridgette wakes up again, feeling slightly sick.

Alek had turned away from her in his sleep, his back now turned to her.

Bridgette looks at him and feels sicker, feeling as if she may have hurt his feelings. "Hey... A-Alek...?" She speaks in a soft whisper, not caring if he is listening or not. "I-i'm sorry... Y-you're still my best friend and I shouldn't have treated my best friend l-like that..." She whimpers and sniffs, hugging him tightly from behind. "I-im sorry!"

Alek jerks awake, lifting his arm and looking at her, confused. "Huh..? Oh my heavens! Bridgette, what's wrong?"

Bridgette looks at him, hiccuping and crying, clinging to his shirt "I-i-i I'm sorry A-alek I-i d-didnt mean t-to-to hurt y-you're f-feelings c-c-cause i-i really c-care about y-you!" She burst into more tears.

Alek furrows his eyebrows, concerned. He turns himself to face her, pulling her close and hugging her. "My lady, how could you possibly have hurt me?"

She cries and tries to sniff. "I-i *hic* Y-you looked u-upset a-and mad *hic* b-because i-i-i was talking about *hic* T-timber! A-and I don't l-like him! *sniff* I p-promise!"

Alek hints at a frown. "Bridgette, it wasn't you I was mad at, it was him." Alek brushes her cheek with his thumb, wiping away tears. "He had spoken to me as you slept. He wasn't wrong in what he said, but he was missing pieces of the truth."

"W-what-" she hiccups and looks at him with large childlike eyes "What did h-he say?"

"He said that you were dreaming of him..." Alek paused, placing his hand on her hair. "He said that you enjoyed it..." Alek smiles lightly, "And you did... while you slept. A dream is a wish your heart makes, and I understand you wish he was still there for you..."

Bridgette shakes her head and holds his hand to his head as if letting go would cause him to leave. "N-no I d ont! I d- *hic*dont!"

Alek moves his forehead so it rests on hers. "Maybe not him now... but who he used to be..."

Bridgette whimpers and burst into more tears, shaking her head against his "N-no no no! I-i dont want to! I-i want you!"

Alek tints a gentle red. He closes his eyes, his hand turning so he held hers. "And I'm here. I'll always be here."

She cries more "P-please d-dont leave me!" She grabs the front of his shirt and looks up at him with pain filled eyes "P-please h-hold me and c-comfort me! P-please Alek i-i need somebody please!!!"

Alek holds her tightly, his stomach flipping. He kisses her forehead. "I'm here Bridgette. I'm not going anywhere. I'll always be here. Always." He pulls her close, his head resting on her shoulder.

Bridgette whimpers and breathes deeply, holding as tight as she can to him as her crying continues. All she can do is nod.

He rubs her back while he hugs her. He closes his eyes, giving her time to calm herself. He holds tightly, feeling as though he deserved all of him, fool or not.

Bridgette sniffs and after a very long while she calms down, still trembling a bit, her ears lowered and her eyes still a bit wet. She's pouting a bit and curled up in Alek's arms.

He runs his fingers through her hair. "You know, a smile suits you much better." He looks to her, smiling lightly. "Yours is so beautiful after all."

Bridgette tries a weary smile and whimpers. "R-really? I-is it really?" She blushes slightly and trembles.

Alek nods. "It brightens my day, I couldn't love it more."

Her smile grows a bit and she cuddles close to him. "T-thank you.... Y-you're a really good friend...."

Alek chuckles lightly. "And I hope to be better." He smiles and hugs her tighter for a moment.

Bridgette holds close to him for a moment longer before pulling away and wiping her eyes. "So... Alcor?"

He kisses her cheek and lets go. "Alcor."

********

A/N: They are so sweet.
And I'm reading over season two, and I'M SO FREAKING EXCITED!
Season one sucks compared to season two, L.

L/N: HEHEHEHEHE!