The Force Feed

Bridgette awakes from a nightmare of Timber, his words so clear and strong it was as if they were real. She rubs her eyes to wake up.

The guards were already eating, the slaves given their oatmeal, this time with a trace of honey.

Bridgette still doesn't eat, and she watches the other slaves, silent.

"You do know going without food causes starvation." The cook said from behind her, helmet over his face.

Bridgette jolts and spins around "I know that... I'm just not hungry." She looks at the food.

"It's been three days. Eat."

"No." She sits down and folds her arms, turning her head away from him with a pout.

"You do know it's rude to refuse a meal?" He laughs lightly.

"You do know it's rude to sell people to slavery?" She shoots back with a glare.

"If claim to give in to being a slave so quickly, I suppose you wouldn't mind the order to eat."

"I still do mind, so no thank you." She smiles in a sassy way.

A: (She's like, mean to the guards, but cinnamon to le mates)

"If you resist, I would have to take it upon myself to feed you."

"You wouldn't." She glares at him, too stubborn to call off his bluff.

He pulls on his helmet. The cook shrugs, moving to unlock the crate, just barely enough to slip in.

Bridgette looks at him "No don't! That's like illegal or something!"

He shakes his head. "I know the law. Stand." He says taking the pot of oatmeal, or what was left of it, and a spoon.

Bridgette shakes her head and folds her arms "No."

He takes her by the arm, pulling her to her feet. Most of the crate was watching with curiosity and confusion. The cook scoops some oatmeal into the spoon. "Open."

Bridgette shakes her head slowly and narrows her eyes at him, keeping her mouth tightly shut.

"Oh well, I guess that a slave like you never would become smart enough to see when she's being ridiculous." He taunts.

Bridgette growls and glares, still keeping her mouth shut.

"What's that? Do you need me to force feed you? You seem just about as obedient as a dog. Heck, you've even got the ears of my terrier." Alek says, frowning under the helmet.

Bridgette smacks him as hard as she can. "DON'T EVER COMPARE ME TO A DOG! NEVER! MY EARS A-ARE BEAUTIFUL!" they lower yet she looks furious.

He sticks the spoon into her mouth, not minding the slap on the metal helmet and holding the spoon in her mouth. He hopes that eating will make her more willing. "I know I know. However, you need to eat."

Bridgette shakes her head and tries to push him away, tears filling her eyes as she chokes down the food. "GO AWAY!" She turns away from him and pulls down her ears, trying to hide them, not caring if everyone is watching her.

The cook sighs, getting more oatmeal. He holds it out. "Come on... I added honey."

Bridgette shakes her head "I don't care! I'm not eating your slop!" She growls and sits back down, keeping her grip tight on her ears.

The boy looks to the cook scowling. The cook sighs. "Hey kid, you up to getting her to eat?"

The kid keeps glaring. "It's not like I have anything better to do."
The cook hands the pot to the kid.

"I'm not eating..." She shakes her head again.

The cook pokes Bridgette's forehead with his finger. "Know that I only needed to get you to eat. Your ears are lovely, but I can't have you dying before we get there."

The boy's eyes widen. "Die?!" The guard leaves, locking the cart.

Bridgette watches him leave and let's go of her still lowered ears. She looks at the food and hesitates. She shakes her head and lays against the side "I don't need to eat. I've been two weeks without food before, I'll be fine. I won't die."

"B-but what if... DONT STARVE!!" The boy cries out and pouts.

"H-huh?" She looks at the boy, worried "N-no no! I won't! I promise I won't starve."

"O-okay..." The boy stares at her as he takes a spoonful of oatmeal and puts it in his mouth.

Bridgette watches him for a moment before looking at the cook, furious with him, yet curious to why she called her ears lovley.

The cook had taken his helmet off, and was now bowing his head as the leading guard interrogated him.

Bridgette looks confused and shakes her head then curls up, trying to rest.

******

A/N: Hehehe, I love Bridgette. And I love Alek. I love them all.

L/N: Alek is a good and Bridgette is a good and yeah! I agree with A.