The Healing

Bridgette walks into the castle, carrying flowers that she wants to put in the kitchen.

Alek scowls at the door, finding himself mentally exhausted and physically hurt . He knows Kogan when he acts like this, he wouldn't listen. Alek finds it hard to breathe in the stale castle air. He heads to the sanctuary.
Alek holds his head, making his way down the staircase in the main hall.

Bridgette spots him and stops. "... Alek...?" She drops the flowers and runs to him.

Alek cringed, looking away from her. "Bridgette, why are you up so late?"

"I was filling the castle with happiness. What happened to you?!" She bends down next to him and turns his head to face her. She gasps as her ears lower "Alek what happened...?"

Alek looks confused. "Is it visible?"

"Yes Alek! Your head is bleeding and so is your nose, not only that but you have a black eye!"

Alek takes his hand from his head, seeing the glossy crimson liquid. He wipes it off, his white suit now stained. "I'm fine." He says, more bitter than before.

"No you are not tell me what happened this instant." She helps him stand and wraps one of his arms around her as she begins walking him to his room. "Where is kogan?"

"He's in his room, he won't listen to me." Alek says, obviously ticked off.

"Why?! What happened?! Please tell me Alek!" She sets him on the bed, begin quieter and rushing to his bathroom to grab a cloth and get it wet.

Alek debated telling her. He judged that being in the state he was in, he couldn't protect her.. not well enough. He would have to tell her.."Bridgette..I'm worried."

"About what?" She walks in and moves his hair, cleaning his wound "what's going on? DID TOBIAS DO THIS TO YOU?!"

Alek goes quiet, still hesitant. "Not..exactly.."

"What do you mean?! Alek tell me the truth! Right now!" She clutches the rag tightly and looks at him.

"Bridgette... I don't want to hurt you..." Alek looks at her, worried that telling her would bring her pain.

She stares at him stiffly. She begins cleaning his wound again. "A little too late for that..." She wipes the blood from his nose.

His chest hurts for a new reason.
"Timber.." was all he could think of saying, hoping that was all he needed to.

Bridgette stops. Her eyes look down and she pulls away. "... Tell me what happened.... everything..."

Alek thinks of where to begin,"During the ball.. I found Tobias. He's working for Timber. I don't really know why but.." Alek rubs his neck. "They knew that I had found out."

Bridgette nods and listens to the story. When he finishes Bridgette looks down.

He chuckles, and then hissed with pain and regrets laughing. "It's funny.."
"I'm pretty good at comebacks." He says jokingly.

Bridgette looks at him "it is not funny! You were beaten up by my pet dog-" she stops. She laughs "Okay.... it's funny..." She sighs and begins cleaning his wounds again "But it's also terrible..."

He smiles, not looking away from her. "It's worth it."

Bridgette frowns and her ears flatten "Alek, not funny." She continues yet can't stop a smile from twitching her lips.

"I'm only telling the truth." He looks down , putting his hands in his lap, smiling to himself.

Bridgette focuses on his wound and turns him to face her slightly harsh.

Alek pulls away, hissing and placing a hand on his head. "Please do be careful!"

She smacks his hand away, focused "Don't move." She continues yet is more gentle.

Alek holds still, thinking about what Timber could be planning, starting to feel sick again.

Bridgette wipes his nose again and walks to the bathroom for a moment. She comes back out with a fresh rag, a needle, and thread. "Lay down, this is gonna hurt."

"Is it really that bad?" He slowly does as she says. "Ffff."

"Keep your language to yourself." She crawls beside him and cleans his head, then begins stitching.

Alek clenches his jaw, unmoving. "Sorry."

She gives him A warm smile "Awww what's wrong?" She strokes his jaw "Does it hurt?"

He smirks. "Aww does that mean you care about me? That's cute."

She frowns and smacks him lightly. "Don't clench your jaw. I might hit a nerve." She can't fight a smile though as she continues.

Alek smiles, loosening his jaw.

When Bridgette finishes she cleans him up one last time and sighs, wiping her hands "There. Now you can clench your jaw if you want." She giggles.

Alek clenches his jaw again before chuckling.

Bridgette laughs a bit and rolls her eyes "There. You're all set. Now rest so you can heal."

Alek sits up. "Bridgette.." he says, smiling. "Thank you."

Bridgette lays him back down and stands up smiling "You're welcome. Rest."

Alek lays there for a moment. "Alright, but please, be careful. If anything happens I don't know if I'd be able to hear you.."

"You don't need to worry about me..." She smiles and walks to the door "Besides, I only have two hours left to sleep before I help the princess. I'll be fine. And so will you."

Alek puts his arms behind his head. "Alright" He says, "Sleep well."

"You too..." She smiles and leaves, shutting the door and going back to the cottage.

After she leaves Alek stares at the ceiling, confused and thinking. "You're engaged." He says, before allowing himself to drift to sleep.