Flashback First meeting Part 3

Brantley POV

Carey and I walk back in and I don't see Sissie anywhere. Lucy nods her head and said,"she headed back to her room to study, you have about 20 minutes before it is time for you to start singing."

I walk down the hallway and I knock twice on her door. I hear her say "doors open"  I turn the knob and just stand in the doorway propped against it, she looks up and for just a second I saw a smile cross her lips but she quickly changed into a blank expression.
"Ummmm....Can I help you hotshot? I'm trying to study here " she said rolling her eyes.

"Yeah ....ummmm...I just wanted to say thank you for taking up for me out there cause you know you didn't have to, and I wanted to ask you to come listen to me play. ..if you can break away from your studies"

She arches an eyebrow at me giving me a slow grin...."well that depends are you any good?"

I puff my chest out and shrug," I guess they seem to like it... I smirk at her "so have I talked you into taking a break and finding out?"

"Well you have my curiosity up hotshot ...so yeah I will take a break and come out to see what all the fuss is about .But know this I ain't gonna blow smoke up your ass if you ain't any good"

Giving her a wide grin, I point my finger at her "Princess I wouldn't expect any thing less from you"

Laughing she throws her head back and I get hard from watching her,she says,"think you have me figured out hotshot?"

"Nah I know I don't , but I do know that from just a little bit of time around you that sassy mouth shoots straight no matter who it is" I push off the door frame and stride over to her her watching as she bites her lip as I get closer. Leaning over her with my mouth at her ear I tap her book "Hmmmmm history , one of my favorite subjects" winking at her I whisper in her ear "see you in 10 Darlin " I turn striding out of her room and grin as I hear her let out a deep breath. Hmmmmm so I do affect princess more than she lets on . Not paying attention I run into Lucy and she stops me ,"where you been son?"
I grin shoving my hands in my pocket and shrug,"umm I had went to see if Sissie was going to take a break and hear us play."
"Annnnd?" Lucy drawls
I grin "she said she would"
"Hot damn boy you might have a shot, that girl don't stop studying for no one, not even her daddy"
"Really " I ask in awe and I can feel my cheeks turning red.
Lucy smacks my shoulder," don't be getting shy on me boy cause that will run her away faster than you turn around, now you need to run on and get that guitar tuned up cause her curiosity is gonna get to her soon."
   I head over to the corner where Jon and Jonathan have set up and I pick up my guitar and play a little of a song before making a couple of adjustments . After I am tuned in I turn around and see that everyone is leaning up against the bar or sitting at the tables but the seat next to Carey is empty. Can't think about that right now I tell myself so I shake off the disappointment and nod at the drummer to kick off the first song. She did say she had to study . I guess I was a little too cocky in trying to impress her.
   Halfway through the first song, I see her come from the hallway to the rooms and she goes and gets a water and sits down next to Carey. I miss the next cord and lick and the guys look at me and I see Carey smirk. I shake it off and play the best i ever have when I see her smile and nod her head to the beat.

Sissie POV

As I sit down I have to give it to the boy he can play and sing. They move into the second song and daddy leans over and says," This one is my favorite , wrote it himself"
I gasp and I look over at him "really? It is so damn good"
"Hell yeah it is, kid is very talented and works hard too" he tells her with a soft laugh." Brought this tough old bastard to tears baby girl. That is how we all got to know him. He has been doing this for us for over a year now."
I look at daddy with narrowed eyes,"and I am just now hearing about him why?"
Shrugs,"because you always have your nose in your studies baby girl. I know you have big goals and I support you, but it doesn't hurt to kick back once in a while . Besides you wouldn't be here tonight if I hadn't put my foot down and said you had to be here."

Sighing ,"I know daddy but I want to do the one thing Mama and I always talked about and that is go to college to be a teacher. To do that I need good grades and to do that I have to study. " I stop and turn back to listening to Brantley sing and his voice is so pure with raw emotion. You can see it on his face. Saving Amy is a song that would tear your heart out but the one that got me was Live it Up. It reminds me how I want to kick back but have my eye on the prize. I lean back in my chair and I give him a wide grin as I wink at him. He smiles in return and winks back. Damn that man has the sexiest pair of green eyes I have ever seen. I can tell I am in trouble cause he just gave me a smirk one that says his asking me out and dares me to say no. Who am I kidding I won't say no.

After the music is over and they have packed up Brantley walks over and grabs a beer . I raise my eyebrow and he laughs and said,"well what is your verdict princess?"

Grinning ,"well I give it to you, you can sing."

He leans in placing his arms on both sides of the bar and whispers in my ear,"does that mean I get the privilege of taking you out on a date Friday night?"
I can't help the goose bumps he causes and I bite my lip looking up at him," yes you can take me out Friday night after your game. I will be waiting for you after " and with those words I trail my finger down his chest and duck under his arm and head bar k to my room. I turn and look over my shoulder and he is grinning still frozen in place and winks when he sees me looking. I run back and flop down on my bed trying to get my heart to stop beating so fast.