My Faith In You

BG POV

   As I walk back to the center I head over to Jesse and Ben and decide that it is time to bring out the song that I never do live but tonight I think it is the perfect time. I have to thank God for protecting the woman I love tonight. She will get the meaning more than anyone that is here. Jesse and Ben nod and I motion for a member of the crew to bring me a stool and mike stand.
  I take my place and get settled and address the crowd. "I'm about to do a song that I never do live but tonight it calls for it. I make no bones about how I feel about this country , my guns and those that mean the most to me. Many people ask how can I sing about God and talk or act the way I do. Well tonight I am saying right here right now that the man upstairs took care of someone very precious to me. He brought her here to me even though she was in a plane crash. So yeah I have my faith and it is between me and the man upstairs."
  I hear the music and I get lost in the words pouring my heart out for the entire world to see.

Yeah, this world will turn its back
When you find yours against that wall
Just watch it as it keeps on spinning
Just like there's nothing wrong.
That's why I'm thumbing through these pages
They say the answers are in red
And I believe they're in there somewhere
I just haven't found 'em yet
It's the only hope that I got left
'Cause I could stand to lose my faith in
Friends that come and go
Yeah, they'll be there when you need them,
They say that when you don't
I could give up on my heroes
Could let myself down, too
But what would I do
If I lost my faith in you?
My faith in you!
You know I've learned through all these stories
All about the pain you felt
And I know you did all that for me
And I'm still asking you for help
'Cause Lord I just can't help myself!
I could stand to lose my faith in
Friends that come and go
Yeah, they'll be there when you need them,
They say that when you don't
I could give up on my heroes
Could let myself down, too
But what would I do
If I lost my faith in you?
My faith in you
'Cause I've been beaten, I've been broken
I've been dangerously bruised
And Lord, I never would have made it
If I'd of lost my faith in you
If I'd lost my faith in you
Know you always got my back
And I don't know why
It feels like I deserve it
For a hell raiser like me
To have a safe place to land
Can't thank you enough,
You saved my life
I will never lose my faith in you, oh, oh
My faith in you
I'll never lose my faith in you

The tears fall from my eyes on the last notes as I look over to the side and I see Sissie with tears flowing down her face. She takes her fist and bumps it twice on her heart and points to me mouthing " I love you Brantley Keith Gilbert"
As I look into the crowd, it has gone silent no one was moving or talking and in this moment it was a beautiful sight. I stand and walk toward the end of the stage. I get choked up again cause these people, my fans, wait no my family , have given me the greatest thing in the world as an artist. This moment will forever be etched in my mind. I look out to the crowd and I say, " Thank you, it isn't enough but it is all I can do right now for this moment you have given me. You have been respectful and were quiet during that song. As an artist it means the world to me that you stopped what you were doing and gave me all your attention and that is why I always say I have the best fans but you aren't fans you are my family and BG Nation you are the best in the world." As I say the last few words I feel a small hand slip into mine and I look down at my battered Sissie and I look up to the heavens and say "Thank you God!"  And with those final words the crowd explodes with cheers and a thunderous ovation. Sissie leans in and she whispers "I love you "only my microphone picks it up and I grin when she turns red," and I love you Sissie" I say before waving to the crowd and walking backstage with the woman I love. My world is okay now that I have her. Looking up one more time I whisper "thank you for watching out for our girl Casey. I promise I will keep her safe down here"