Prepare for the Holidays

(cute and funny lil Christmas story)
(A/N: I should mention I HC that Jeremy's family is Jewish but not like... super strict about it so he's able to celebrate other things with his friends, so he celebrates Christmas but not religiously. He does it for fun and because of his friends. Just getting this out there)

"Oh how about this one!?" Jeremy said, grabbing the sweater joyfully and holding it out in front of him.

"Dude. You need to get a thweater Michael'th thize. More like thith one." Rich said, pointing to the same sweater but bigger.

"Well why don't I buy both!? One for me and one for him!?" Jeremy suggested and Rich nodded, holding out the basket to put the sweaters in.

-------------------***--------------------

"I dunno which one he'll like better. Jake help me out here." Michael said, looking at two different sweaters and sighing. Christmas. It was painful fun.

"Why don't you buy one for you and the other for him?" They are similar and are basically the same joke so like... they'll match, like your backpacks." Jake said, already putting both sweaters in the buggy(along with a ton of other Christmas stuff for the party).

"That's not a bad idea actually. Matching sweaters it is. Oh man in hype for the party now!"

"Yeah. This time there won't be a fire...thank goodness. I can't afford another house." Jake said, remembering the Halloween party he had thrown.

Michael remembered it too. He knew the fire was a pretty bad memory for most the Squip Squad, even for him, but it wasn't the worst thing about that party. He shook off the thought and smiled. This party would be different.

-------------------***--------------------

"I still can't believe Jake is throwing another party after last time." Jeremy said and Rich glared at him. "Oh...I forgot about that...oops." He was currently folding the sweater and putting it into a nice little Christmas themes box.

"It'th okay. I mean, you had a pretty bad night yourthelf back then. Leaving Michael alone and all that." Rich deadpanned, wrapping up the pan flag he had bought Jake gently up so he could sit it in a box.

"Y-Yeah...I don't know why he forgave me but t-this time will be different. We're dating, and we're gonna have fun. At least if he lets me keep my dignity." Jeremy said, glancing over at a homemade ornament with a photo of them when they were 11 or 12.

"M-Michael why do I have to p-put the onsie on again?" Jeremy asked, looking down at the brown article of clothing in his hands nervously.

"Because it's Christmas! I can't do a dumb Santa dress up if I don't have a reindeer!" Michael said as if it was obvious that he needed Jeremy to do this.

"B-But I'm usually the e-elf. Why do I have to b-be the reindeer?"

"Because my dad isn't Santa. Usually I'd be the reindeer but this year is different. Besides, you'll be a cute reindeer." Michael said, adjusting his hat thoroughly. Jeremy sighed, no arguing with Michael about this.

It was always tradition of the Heere and Mell families to do a small Christmas photo shoot, at least after Jeremy and Michael became friends, and usually Michael would be the reindeer, Jeremy would be an elf, and the Mells would be Santa and Mrs. Claus.

Now Michael was left with a mom and no dad. At least since he came out. So now he would dress as Santa, and as much as he wanted to see Jeremy in a red and white fluffy dress, it would give away he like Jeremy. So Jeremy was the reindeer.

Thus the photo was Michael looking happy as ever and Jeremy looking like a rainstorm just flew over his head and made his hair fall.

"Yeah I'm not getting my dignity back." Jeremy said and Rich was confused.

"What are you talking about?"

"Michael called me an emo reindeer back in middle school." Jeremy said and Rich started laughing like crazy when he noticed the picture. "Not you too!!"

"Dude...Dude that....That is hilariouth!" Rich said, smacking his knee and falling backwards.

Lord hope this moment wasn't shared with all Jeremy's other new friends. He would be a laughing stock until he died...or ran away...both? Who knows.

-------------------***--------------------

"And that's how Jeremy became known as the tenth and most unknown reindeer. The Emo Reindeer." Michael said, showing Jake the photo on his fireplace.

"Dude that is the funniest story I think I've ever heard." Jake said, almost choking on his laughter. "I need to tell Rich!!" And with that he snapped a photo and texted it to Rich, getting an "I know" in response.

"This party's gonna be awesome. I'm totally gonna get a new version of that costume and give it to him. He IS a furry and he'll probably like it better now than before." Michael said, laughing to himself as he thought about Jeremy in a reindeer costume at age 17 and Jake looked at him, confused.

"What if we like, I dunno, dressed us all up in lil Christmas outfits. Most of us would be elves...wait no... Jeremy could be your wife!" Jake said and Michael turned as red as the cloth on the table, which was brighter red than his hoodie.

"Jeremy would look HOT in a dress." Michael said and Jake laughed, nodding slightly because, even though he was dating Rich, he couldn't say Jeremy was ugly because he was not ugly in any way possible.

"Dude we need to do that. Me and Rich can be the kids!"

"Santa doesn't have kids though."

"Have you ever seen the Santa Claus 3? He has a baby boy named Buddy. The one where Jack Frost took over the North Pole? The parents of Scott and his wife came to the North Pole thinking it was Canada? His niece had a magic snowglobe?" Jake said in a proud manner

"How do you have such extensive knowledge about the Santa Claus movies?" Michael asked, cracking a smile and Jake's reply.

"Let's just say...I watch a LOT of Christmas movies. I've probably seen like every Hallmark movie ever. like...there's Snow Globe, Ice Sculpture Christmas, Let it Snow, Four Christmases, Naught and Nice List, Country Christmas, I'll Be Home for Christmas, Annie Claus, Looking for Father Christmas..." Jake trailed off naming movies and Michael's eyes were wide and deciding whether to be confused it amazed by Jake's knowledge of Christmas movies...and this kid was a "cool kid" in the school's eyes.

"Okay then. Please tell me you aren't gonna force me to watch them all."

"Nah dude. Just making Rich watch the romantic ones." Jake said, walking off to go do something else.

"Okay. This Christmas might be the best one yet." Michael said, putting his hands on his hips and smiling triumphantly. All while wearing a Santa hat.

(I now HC that Jake likes Christmas movies. That's based on my grandma knowing every Hallmark movie and my grandpa LOVES The Santa Claus Trilogy. Me...I'm like Michael in this)

(This will have multiple parts btw)