You Can't Imagine Love...Can You?

"So like...I really love you...But I never knew if you'd love me back." Jeremy mumbled and Michael hugged him tightly, placing a small kiss to his cheek.

"Of course I love you back. I have for a while now." He told Jeremy sweetly and Jeremy smiled.

He'd been in love with Michael since their freshman year, Michael had been in love with him since seventh grade, they never thought they'd end up together.

They'd been friends since kindergarten, when Michael just walked over to Jeremy and they started talking. Nobody ever noticed them, and when they were noticed, it was always just Jeremy. Michael must have been such a loser to people he wasn't worth their time, but he was worth all of Jeremy's time. Every second of it.

They decided they'd stay in Jeremy's room all night, just telling the other how much they loved one another for at least until Jeremy's parents called him downstairs.

"Son we need to talk. It's important." Mr. Heere said and Jeremy sat down, holding the chair next to him out for Michael.

"Okay but can we please hurry, I was kind of trying to chill with Michael."

"That's what this is about Jeremy." Mrs. Heere told him.

"Why would you call me down to talk about Michael? You both like him, right?"

"Jeremy, me and your mother have been talking with your doctors and...well, I don't know how to put this..."

"Michael...isn't real." Mrs. Heere bluntly stated and Jeremy's eyes widened.

"W-What? Yes he is!" Jeremy grabbed Michael's hand tightly and stared at his parents, anger taking over his demeanor.

"Son, Michael is an imaginary person you made up when you were little because you had no friends. Why do you think the teachers never acknowledged him?"

"I'm pretty sure they never cared." Jeremy muttered. He was really getting annoyed at them saying his best friend now lover wasn't real.

"Did you ever realize how the bullies always picked on you but never him?"

"Maybe he just isn't worth their time! Bullies are weird okay!?" Jeremy's eyes were starting to fill with tears as he clenched one of his hands into a fist.

"Jeremy listen. Michael was never real. He was just somebody you created so you wouldn't be lonely. We know this because only you have seen him." Mr. Heere said calmly but Jeremy refused to listen.

"It isn't healthy to keep him around anymore. You should have real friends now, like that Christine girl you like so much."

"Mom I don't like Christine anymore. I like Michael!" Jeremy slammed his hand on to the table in anger, standing up and walking off, Michael walking along next to him.

His parents looked at each other then back at the paper they were holding.

"Jessi I think the only option is therapy at this point." Mr. Heere said and Mrs. Heere nodded in agreement.

Back to Jeremy

"I can't believe them! How dare they say you aren't real!!" Jeremy slammed his face on to his bed in tears as he felt Michael's hand gently on his back, slowly caressing it.

"I'm real Jeremy, they can't see me though." Michael softly whispered into Jeremy's ear, making the younger male smile.

"W-Why can't they see you though?" Jeremy asked, looking up into Michael's brown eyes and turning red.

"I...I'll tell you later I promise...but it's a long story. I could reveal myself but that's too dangerous." Michael explained, and Jeremy nodded.

He better not question it if it could put Michael in danger.

"I'll always be here alright Jeremy? I'm as real as you or your parents." Michael gently kissed Jeremy and the younger male's smile got wider.

"Okay. I love you so much, even if you weren't real I'd still love you." Jeremy crawled on his bed and laid down gently, and Michael got on next beside him, wrapping an arm around him and bringing him close.

"I love you too Jeremy...I love you too..." Michael whispered, gently kissing Jeremy's nose, causing the brunette to giggle.

It was better if Jeremy never found out...if he did, Michael wouldn't be the only one in danger, the entire Heere household would be....

I got this kind of idea from an OTP prompt but I changed it up a bit heh.