You Can't Imagine Love...Can you? Pt 2

Ever read "The Old Willis Place" by Mary Downing Hahn. That inspired this fic in a way. Love that book

"Micha why are we going into the basement again?" Jeremy asked, shining a light into the pitch black under him and his boyfriend.

"Jeremy I think it's time you finally understood why nobody can see me." Michael said gently as he held his hand and led him deeper into the dark.

When they reached the bottom, Michael led Jeremy to some kind of closed off door.

"Michael w-what is in there?" Jeremy asked and Michael didn't reply. He just motioned for Jeremy to move closer to the door.

Jeremy shakily moved his hand towards the handle and turned it, and the door opened up with a loud creak.

Once it was open, Jeremy looked down at probably the most horrific sight he'd ever seen.

There was a body, covered in cuts, bruises, and it looked like half of it had been mauled. Jeremy, upon closer examination, started crying.

"M-Michael what...what is that? W-Why does it look like..." Jeremy asked and Michael looked up at him with a pained expression.

"Jeremy... you asked why nobody could see me... there's your answer...This body is the only thing keeping me here with you so you can not let anybody know about it..."

"Why can't I let others know about it...why can't others see you? Michael what's going on?" Jeremy was shaking, and Michael walked closer to him and wrapped his arms around him.

"I can't say just yet but trust me...you don't wanna know why...but now you know that I am indeed real....that's me. Right there in the bloody flesh..." Michael mumbled as tears began forming in his brown eyes.

"O-Okay. I won't tell anybody...but you gotta tell me one day...I know you might not be comfortable with it but.. but one day you will okay. I w-wanna help you really badly. But I can't if you don't tell me what's wrong..." Jeremy muttered, the tears in his eyes still sparkling.

"Okay...do...do you really wanna k-know?" Michael asked and Jeremy nodded. "Okay...I'll tell you..."

"C'mon guys leave him alone, he doesn't wanna go in the pitch black basement so just, stop tormenting him." Brooke looked annoyed at her friends' attempts to get Michael into that basement.

"Brooke relax. Nobody lives here, not that we know of anyways, Michael can't possibly get hurt. But he can get scared half to death heh." Jake said and Rich nodded.

Michael looked down into the basement then back at the others.

"Guys...why must I do this?" Michael asked and there was no answer for a good ten to twenty seconds.

"Well they thay there is thomething down there, we have no clue if it'th dangerouth, but it'th not human and it hideth in the bathement." Rich explained and Michael sighed.

"Fine. Fine I'll go but only so you'll leave me alone." Michael mumbled, taking a slow step into the basement. One step after another and he was shaking more with each breath.

He had no clue that Rich, Jake, and Brooke had left after hearing some kind of knock. So he was left alone.

He opened the basement door and looked around. Nothing. Then some kind of light fell on to his back.

"Oh look what I have here. Some teenager decided it would be fun to sneak into my basement. Well, big mistake." A man said and Michael turned around to see a rather large dog staring him down.