The Days Keep Repeating

I blame Vocaloid music. Oh yeah this starts after the parry, well Jeremy leaving, and the fire. And the Squip isn't acting on Jeremy being drunk. It's genuinely speaking in Japanese. I've had this idea for like...a month now. Also slightly(well mostly tbh) inspired by Mushie R/Mush Roomie's Kagerou Days animatic for BMC

TW: past self harm/death

"Kurikaesu hibi." The Squip kept repeating in Jeremy's head.

"I don't know what that means I'm not Japanese you freaking Tictac." Jeremy mumbled as he walked away from the bathroom.

He made his way downstairs and out the front door, sitting on the sidewalk and recollecting his thoughts.

He sighed as he realized how much of a jerk he'd been. But he couldn't stand seeing Michael hurt.

So much for that, he smelled smoke and turned around to see fire coming through the windows. He made his way towards the house and opened the door. That's when everybody ran towards the door.

Jeremy ran up the stairs and to the bathroom, knocking on the door loudly. No answer.

"Squip can you like...shock the door open." Sure enough, a jolt went through Jeremy's hand to the doorknob and it opened. He walked inside and froze at what he saw.

If the fire hadn't killed him, it wouldn't matter. Because there Michael was, laying in the bathtub, submerged under the water, and there was blood in the tub...blood from Michael's arms.

Jeremy pulled him out and began dragging him out of the house in a rush.

As soon as Jeremy made it out his world seemed to break and go black.

---

He woke up in his bed, breathing heavily.

"A dream...It...It was a dream...good." Jeremy smiled in relief as he looked at his phone. October 31st. Halloween. Jake's party.

The Squip activated and was still saying that one thing over and over again.

"Deactivate please." Jeremy mumbled and the Squip did. It was a Saturday so Jeremy didn't have to do much until the party...that is if he even went.

The 'nightmare' was so real that he was considering not going. He shook it off and sighed, it was just a nightmare, nothing bad would happen today. Michael probably wouldn't even show up...

But what if he did? Jeremy didn't want to live that nightmare for real, even if he had been ignoring Michael...which he regretted, he just hated being abused.

He decided to just watch some television until time to get ready. Nothing on but scary movies that he'd seen a hundred times...with... with Michael...Jeremy ignored the thoughts and looked down at his phone.

He needed to tell somebody about the "dream."

Not Christine, she'd just start referencing musicals. Not Brooke, she's probably with Chloe. Not Chloe because she doesn't care. Not Jenna, she'd call him crazy and post in online. Not Jake, he was too busy planning a party.

That only left calling Rich or Michael.

Knowing Rich he'd probably just tease him for being paranoid. Plus Jeremy did owe Michael an apology for ignoring him.

He pressed the contact and pressed call.

"Please pick up..." Jeremy mumbled and his wish was heard.

"Umm...Why are you calling me?"

"Michael...Look I'm sorry...I had this...strange dream last night and it made me realize I shouldn't have ignored you...and I'm... I'm not going to the party tonight..." Jeremy was just relieved Michael was alive.