Home

Sequel to "Don't Leave"
TW: homophobia, mention of "gay conversion camps", swearing, anything I add in these when Michael's dad is involved.

Months passed. Jeremy was slowly falling into depression without Michael. He only got comfort when he held the hoodie tightly around himself. Mr. Heere could never get him out of his room and could hardly get him to go to school.

Jeremy only dreaded what Hell Michael was going through...

***

Michael had lost any hope of going back to Jeremy. His dad forced him into what he called "a reform school" but it just a conversion camp for gay people...and Michael hated it.

Every day he was forced into a room, hands tied behind him back, ice on them so they would numb. He was utterly tortured in there.

Heated coil wires, shocks, needles in his fingers...all while being shown gay stuff. From simple affection to full on porn...Michael wanted to die.

He finally had to lie his way out...saying he just didn't feel affection anymore but that wasn't true. He still adored Jeremy and wanted to see him again...but he didn't know if he could stand physical contact again afterwards...not after all he'd been through.

His dad didn't stop abusing him either. He abused him because Michael's stepmom wanted him to hurt...Michael finally had enough.

He ran away. He got everything left that he owned and ran away. He didn't want to deal with it anymore.

Yes it was pouring rain and it was late at night but he needed to get away. He needed to get home.

***

Jeremy was laying on the couch when there was a rather loud knock at the door. It was like four in the morning and Jeremy wasn't in a mood to open the door.

"J-Jeremy? Are you h-here?" The voice was quiet but 5 recognized it right away. He quickly scrambled to his feet and to the door to see a soaking and severely injured Michael Mell staring at him.

"Michael!? H-How did you..." Jeremy stopped his rambling and grabbed Michael's hand and brought him inside. "I'll go get you a towel and some warmer clothes. Alright?" Jeremy asked and Michael nodded as he sat down on the couch.

Jeremy quickly got everything and ran back down to Michael, who was slowly falling asleep.

"Micha wake up. I got you a towel, blanket, and warmer clothes." Jeremy nudged and Michael smacked him away quickly before realizing what he did and making a face of shame.

Jeremy helped Michael quickly dry off and change clothes before wrapping the blanket around him and cuddling next to him.

"How did you get back?" Jeremy really needed to know. What if Michael's dad followed him? Even if he didn't he'd probably figure out where he went.

"I...I ran away...I got...got out of the conversion camp a few weeks ago...my D-Dad still abused me...I...I had to lie about my sexuality...my stepmom absolutely hated me because I was Filipino...the only nice person w-was my stepbrother...he was five. His name was S-Sal. He liked me...but my dad didn't let me t-talk to him..." Michael was crying and Jeremy gently held him in his arms.

"What did they do to you at...camp?" Jeremy asked and Michael's eyes widened at the memory.

"T-They..they shocked me...there were n-needles poked into my fingers....heated wire coils...and I was tied up, my hands...had ice on them...they w-were numb...it...it was awful...I never wanted to touch another person again...I...I couldn't stop thinking of you...I was so s-scared I'd never see you again..."

"Micha... It's okay. You're here now...You alive..." Jeremy kissed Michael's forehead gently and held him closer. "I'll help you as best as I can. I promise..." Jeremy cooed and Michael nuzzled into him softly. "Ya know...I've been constantly shocked before when I did wrong...so I can...understand...how you felt..."

"I know...I r-remember it...knowing he did that to you...k-knowing what it felt like...I shouldn't have begged for an apology...I'm sorry for being a burden on you..." Michael whimpered and Jeremy stroked his cheek softly and smiled.

"I'm just glad you're here...I was depressed without you...also I l-loved the gifts...they w-were so sweet...like you..."

"I still love you Jeremy...I never stopped loving you..."

"I love you too Michael...I'm glad you stayed strong for us...I let myself fall into depression..."

Michael didn't say anything but gently kissed Jeremy. Jeremy kissed back and the two sat there embracing each other and crying softly.

The next day Jeremy took Michael back to his mothers, who were overjoyed to see him okay, and then stayed the night with the Mells.

It took a while for Michael to readjust to his old life again but when he did he and Jeremy spent endless time together.

Things were relatively normal again. And when highschool let out the two moved into a house together and eventually started college...and anything that Mr. Mell tried, Jeremy didn't allow. He wasn't letting Michael go back to that camp. He wasn't going to let them turn his boyfriend against what he really was.

And it stayed that way.