Reason

Remember the one shot where Jeremy had wings, Squip was a spirit, and Michael was just a human.

Sequel time!!!

TW: abuse, small panic attack,
Michael's in pain y'all

Michael Mell wasn't like most people. Most people had wings, a tail, or something of the like. What did he have? Nothing.

At least...everybody thought that.

It was late a night, Michael was out on the balcony, staring up at the stars. He was unaware he was being watched by the spirit haunting his boyfriend the whole time.

Eric slowly nudged Jeremy awake.

"What?" Jeremy thought and Eric pointed to Michael.

"His back. Those scars kind of...look like something was once there. He also woke up crying so I'd comfort him if I were you." Eric began forcing Jeremy out of bed and towards Michael.

"Michael? What are you doing up so late?" Jeremy asked casually and he noticed the scars. Two parallel lines, dark red, on Michael's back.

Michael spun around and smiled seeing Jeremy.

"Hey Jer I was umm...just looking at the stars." Michael was a bad liar.

"I heard you crying though." Jeremy walked up closer to him and wrapped his wings around them.

"Oh...nightmare. That's all..." Michael tensed up. Jeremy noticed. He laid a soft kiss on Michael's back, and began to slowly massage it.

"You wanna talk about it?" Jeremy was sweet with his words, Eric watching him and giving a sad thumbs up.

"Umm....Uh...Ya know what. You're my boyfriend and you deserve to know." Michael said with confidence.

Jeremy picked him up and flew to the roof, sitting him down gently. He cuddled next to him, one wing wrapped softly around him.

"So Micha...your nightmare?" Jeremy asked and Michael sighed.

"So...it's based on something that happened when I was...much younger.."

***

"Mama look!! My wings! They came in!!" A young Michael flew around excitedly, all the pain from sprouting wings seemingly gone.

"Mahal that's great!!" His mother said happily, grabbing him out of the air and gently kissing his head. "Mama's proud of you!" Michael smiled brightly before he heard the door slam open.

He knew the footsteps were his dad and he turned around to see the cold stare, followed by black and white wings.

"P-Papa look!! My w-wings...came in...Papa?" Michael asked before his father grabbed him tightly and pulled him away from his mother. "Mama! Mama where's Papa gonna take me!? Mama help me please!" He yelled but she didn't answer.

She just cried.

Michael was thrown into a dark room, one light in the entirety of the darkness. His father stood above him with pliers in his hand.

"These abominations of color that your mother brought to this family are going away now!" His dad picked him up and shoved him into a wall, and used the pliers to begin tearing the bright, rainbow feathers out of his back.

"P-Papa w-why are you t-t-taking my wings away?" Michael asked in horror as he watched bright feathers fall to the dark floor.

"No son of mine is going to have bright wings like those! No son at all. If people ask we'll just say you had a birth defect or something like that since you being born is one of biggest defects in my life." Mr. Mell said sternly, ripping another feather out.