Chapter 3

Michael POV

"Right now to meet the VIP winner! I love meeting our fans!" Luke said with a little jump.

"Same, it's nice that they've won this as well, they've taken their time to win a competition to meet us, four normal lads" Ashton said with a half serious tone.

"Just think four years ago we were sat in Michaels garage recording covers and now people are taking the effort to win competitions to meet us and crying over us" Calum said seriously.

The door was inching closer and closer. The girls who owe their lives to us are on the other side. I can't wait to meet them.

As I walk through the door there are six beautiful girls standing there with their mouths the shape of an O. I couldn't help but stare at the girl with the beautiful long blonde hair and blue eyes. She must have noticed me staring as she closes her mouth and smiles. Ashton's laugh breaks me from my trance. I've never felt like this about a fan. Is this normal?

I find my opportunity to talk to her by asking if she is the competition winner. She's nervous bless her. I'm no one special. I'm just a normal lad. Well I think I am anyway. I just want to take her in my arms and hold her as tight as I can and for as long as I can. So I do it. Obviously, I have to be a gentlemen about it and ask her if she wants a hug. I press her to me chest and feel her every movement, when she breathes, moves, blinks. I duck my head to rest my nose on the crown of her head. As I breathe I can smell the fruity smell of her shampoo. Perfection.

I hug her for as long as I can before I feel the boys and girls eyes burning into me. My heart breaks as I pull away and I know so does hers. I can see it in her eyes. I stare at her for a second or two taking in her features, blue-green eyes, natural blonde hair, pink plump lips. I know already I have feelings for this girl.

Before we meet the girls individually we talk to them all together and thank them for all they have done for us. They are the reason we are where we are, we owe so much to these girls.

When we were allowed to meet the girls separately I near enough ran to Danni so I could talk to her first. I know Luke saw because he have me that annoying eyebrow wiggle he always does. He claims it is his party trick. Wow so much talent that guy has. Danni looked more than happy that I was first to talk to her. I could tell she didn't want to make the first move and come to me. Girls are like that. That's what I've learnt over my 18 years of living with my mum and obsessing over girls.

Every second was precious. I didn't even mind that we talked about pizza and popadoms. The way her lips move around my two favourite words make me weak at the knees. I'm just staring at her. I wonder if she realises. Nope she is too busy talking about her new invention of a popadom pizza. Wow that would taste so nice. My heart skips a beat when she tells me her story and what we especially what I have done for her and how much I've helped her just by being the stupid idiot I am. When she tells me she loves me I need to pinch myself. Am I actually falling in love with a fan? This never happens. Celebrities don't fall in love with fans.

I know and she knows she has to move on from me to the other boys soon. I can't tell it's going to happen soon because the conversation is getting lighter. I treasure every second I have with her. When she asks for a hug I know it's over but don't hesitate to pull her to my chest again. I wish she could just stay there forever. The way her arms wrap around my torso turns me to jelly as if she is the only thing keeping me solid. When we pull away she says she loves me once more and says bye before flashing me her beautiful smile once again.

I watch her as she walks up to Calum Charlotte and Ruby. Charlotte and Ruby haven't moved on, so why should Danni. Oh wait now they are. Danni is alone with Calum. I've got to try and stay focus so I can talk to Lauren and Abi. All I can think about is what they are talking about. My mind keeps drifting. I need to stay focused on Lauren and Abi. I know they can feel that I'm out of it but just trying to be as polite as possible. I try to take my mind off Danni by asking them if they enjoyed the EP and silly questions like 'does everyone drink tea in the UK?' to which they laughed at. Oops. I stare at Calum as he hugs her. Pulls her into his chest and closes his eyes. He obviously enjoys it. What am I doing? I'm getting jealous over Calum? I know she is feeling uncomfortable with me staring at her but I can't help it.

When Danni moves onto Luke and Lauren and Abi move into Calum I have time to spare as Charlotte and Ruby are talking to Ashton. So I talk to Dave. I tell him that I think I have feelings for Danni but he just laughs at me. Rude.

"You can't have feelings for her. You have only just met her" Dave days a little too loudly as I think Ruby may have heard.

Fuck you Dave.

I tell him why I think I have feelings for her and that amused smile he had cemented on his face had cracked. He was now being serious.

It felt like forever that I hadn't talked to Danni. It felt like forever that she has been talking to Cal, Luke and Ash. When the meet and greet is nearly over Dave tells everyone to come together to say their last goodbyes. Ashton was giving the speech he always does. The one where he thanks them for everything they've done and how much they mean to us. Throughout his speech I'm fixated on Danni's eyes and how they sparkle under the yellow light, how they change from green to blue to grey depending on where she is standing under the light. I don't want to have to say goodbye. Is the the last time I would be able to see her? I don't even know her username. When we all go in for a group hug I try to get as close to her as possible. That is really sad I know.

I watch her walk out. I feel as if though Ashton and Luke can hear my heart breaking as they tap me on the back. My eyes widen as she glances back at me and gives me a little smile. What have I done? I'm in love with her..