Chapter 52

Michael's POV

Sitting in this apartment alone makes it feel 10 times bigger, but somehow more claustrophobic. Sitting here staring at the wall I once pushed Danni up against, there's too many memories here. I pick up the phone and call Ash

"Ash, I can't stay here, can I come back?" I plead

"Sure mate, you alright?" he asks pitifully

"No, no I'm not, I don't want to talk about it"

Ashton picks me up and takes me back. The car ride is hell, no one talks, I can't bare to talk at the moment.

Ashton's POV

The next few days are torture, Michael hasn't spoke a word since it happened, he just sits there, lifeless to all.

"Michael?" I ask and he looks up

"We've got a show in Amsterdam tonight, you alright to fly there and do it?" I ask and he nods and goes back to staring at the wall.

I pack Michaels stuff and my own as the boys pack theirs and we are ready to catch our flight.

We get to the airport and there are hundreds of fans waiting for us, I feel bad for them when Michaels like this and unable to do his usual pose.

"Hey guys, we've got a plane to catch, we can't stop, sorry" Calum say to them all. I look back at Michael who's talking to a fan.

"You alright?" the fans says grabbing his arm and he shakes his head. "Danni?" She asks and he nods, she wraps her arm around him and says "everything will be okay, you've got us" she says and he gives her a smile, I haven't seen that in a long time.

We take our seats. Luke and Cal in front and me and Mike behind them. Throughout the whole journey Mike doesn't say a word, just sits there staring out the window. This hit him hard. A small vibration sounds from his pocket and he jumps

"Danni!" He says in excitement with a massive smile on his face. He takes his phone out of his pocket, his face drops when he reads the message "phone company" he says with a sad smile and watery eyes.

The whole plane journey was silent. I listened to Nickleback and Michael sat and stared out of the window, I think at one point he was crying as the window steamed up and he shoulders vibrated. I feel so sorry for him. I know how he feels. I wonder if Abi knows I love her.

"AMSTERDAM BABY!" Calum shouted when we got off the plane. We were greeted again by hundreds of fans which this time we greeted.

We got in the van and headed to Wembley. We met with the one direction boys and started rehearsing.

"What's wrong with him?" Niall whispered to me pointing at a sad Michael.

"Him an Danni are on a break" I whisper hoping Michael won't hear.

"Oh what happened?" He asked

"He really upset her and she said she doesn't want him to get hurt again" I whisper.

"Oh bless him"

Throughout rehearsals Michael wasn't paying attention. He didn't speak. He sang really quiet. He wasn't his normal loud self so I decide to call Danni.

"Danni, Michael's a mess" I say when she picks up. I hear a sigh

"What do you want me to do?" She asks slightly agitated

"Speak to him? Please" I plead

"Fine" she sighs then hangs up.

Michael's POV

In the middle of rehearsing my phone vibrates in my pocket. I struggle to get it out of my skinny jeans.

*Danni: cheer up please Mike* it reads an automatically puts a smile on my face.