Chapter 80

Michael's POV

"I'll see you when you come out" I say and kiss Danni once more before she is wheeled away. I'm left standing here standing into the empty hallway.

"She will be fine man" Ashton says patting me on the back.

"I know" I said but I can't help but doubt it.

The next couple of hours are torture. Pacing back and forth with the sympathetic words from my friends. We all sit here staring into thin air, unknowing what to say. I snap out of staring mode when I hear wheels echoing down the hall.

"Danni?" I stand to my feet when I see her blonde hair heading towards me. The Doctors wheel her into her room and leaves me with her.

Me and ruby holding both her hands watching her whilst she is unconscious, Luke and Cal stroking her hair and Amba, Abi and Ash sitting on the end of the bed awaiting her awake. Her eye lids flicker open.

"Guys" she barely says.

"Danni" we all say in unison and I call the Doctor. Seconds later the same Doctor walks in with his white coat.

"The operation went to plan. The tumour was removed completely" he says and we all gasp in happiness. "The tumour was by her left ear so she didn't have to get shaved and it has left a small scar. She will need to recover but will be able to leave tonight as it went so well" he says with a smile.

"Oh my" Amba says hugging me. I can't help but burst into tears. All my doubts have completely disappeared. I hug Amba, the smell of her fruity hair and her warm body soothes me and she bursts into tears as well, starting everyone off.

"I can't believe it" Danni says the a glimmer of hope in her eyes expanding.

We stay with her all day, watching her sleep, feeding her, helping her, everything until it's time for her to go. We wheel her out of the doors and the fire ball of warm hair hits us. I've missed it.

"Mum!" Danni says down the phone. "It's completely gone, and I didn't have to have my hair shaved" she says bursting into tears. We wheel her into the back of a taxi and we drive home, all of us nearly in tears. I carry Danni up the stairs and put her down when we are at the top when she decides she can walk. I hold her hands to balance her and unlock the door.

"Im so sorry Michael" she says sitting herself on the bed.

"What for?" I ask sitting beside her.

"This. You must have payed so much to come her, to my paradise island and this happened" she says picking at her fingernails. I put my finger under her chin and turn her head to look at me.

"Listen up you, it hasn't been ruined. It's only been 1 day. We have the rest of the holiday to enjoy ourselves. AND it isn't your fault, not like you wanted to have a tumour" I say softly. I look into her deep blue eyes and smile I'm looking at my future wife is all I can think of when I look at her.