Chapter 26

Danni's POV

Trying to fight my tears is the most difficult thing I've tried to do, ever whilst I look at my brother there in a hospital bed all cut up and broken. He looks so fragile and weak. His hand red raw, his face covered in blood, his chest all scraped showing flesh. I can't look at him any long, I turn to Michael and put my face in his chest as he wraps his arms around me. Michael staring in complete shock and disbelief at the injured man who looks nothing like my brother anymore.

"What happened?" my mum croaks to the doctor taking Billy's pulse.

"He was involved in a hit and run" the Doctor sighs. I feel Michaels arms wrapping around me tighter as I cry harder.

"Danni" an injured and deep voice croaks. What? I turn out of Michael slowly

"Billy?" I say shocked as Billy has his eyes open holding his hand out for me to take. I walk over to him and cocoon his bloody hand in mine.

"I love you sissy" he croaks his last breath, and closes his eyes.

"Billy!" I shake his hand, it pointless. "BILLY! COME BACK BILLY!" I shout, knowing he can no longer hear me. I burst into tears and go to hug Billy one last time before Michael drags me away out of the room and pulls me to his chest where I release all my emotions. As he kisses the top of my head I feel his tears dripping onto my hair, he's trying to stay strong for me and my mum.

Once I've calmed down, I go back into Billy's old hospital room where the Doctor is covering him up with a white sheet. My mum is sitting at the side of his bed kissing his hand, staring at him, still lifeless.

"Why?" is the only thing I can say to the Doctor.

"There was a bleed on his brain, which none of us could help" he says finishing covering my lifeless brother up.

On the drive home, there is no words spoken, everyone staring out the front window unable to say anything. Michael pulls up at my house and drops us off.

"Stay, please, I can't do this on my own" I take his hand as he turns to leave. He looks at my mum for permission who just about manages a nod.

Michael changes into his boxers whilst I change into the pjs that Billy got me for Christmas a couple years back and Billy jumper. I can still smell his scent on it. We get into my small single bed and he wraps his arm around me for a cuddle. He always knows how to make me feel so much better. Nothing can beat Michael cuddles.