Chapter 50

Michael's POV

"what the fuck you doing?" Calum shakes me. I thought it was pretty clear.

"What?" I stand up facing Calum.

"Go after her!" he points to Danni who is barely visible now.

"I can't! I shouldn't! she needs space" my voice softens and I sit back down on the grass.

"You know fuck all about girls don't you!" he raises his voice at me.

"Shall I go after her then?" I ask Calum seeming clueless.

"Yes! go!" he says and I start to run after her. I shouldn't run when intoxicated, my vision blurred, can't run in a straight line but follow the blur that is Danni.

As I get closer I see her speed up. I grab her by the arm to stop her.

"Danni" I pant "don't walk away from me" sweat dripping off my hair, I feel dizzy "I need to sit down" I sit down and cling onto her hand to make sure she won't go anywhere.

"You don't understand! you getting drunk at an event like this! how stupid can you be?!" she half shouts at me.

"Understand what! Why don't you tell me stuff!" I stand up and half shout back.

"Nothing" she sighs and goes to walk away again but I pull her back.

"There is sssomething! justtt tell me!" I slur my words making her even more angry "tell me!" I demand and she rolls her eyes.

"Just so insensitive!" She laughs.

"Danni!" I demand.

"Fine! fine" she sighs "my dad, the one that tried to kill you used to be an alcoholic, always being verbally abusive to both me and my mum, until one day it got out of hand, he started being physically abusive to her and she couldn't cope anymore, she became weaker and weaker, more uncaring and unable to block the abuse. Then he turned on me..." she stopped, tears forming in her eyes. I'm a dick, why did I do this!

"You don't have to say anymore, I'm really sorry, I'm so insensitive, I wish you told me" I sigh and wrap my arms around her and kiss her on the top of her head.

"Michael I can't" she says an pushes away from me.

"What's the matter?" I ask, I can feel tears building up in my eyes

"I can't, when my dad tried to kill you it just brought back memories, I don't want you getting caught up in all of this.." She says looking into my eyes.

"I don't care! I will put up with all this, I love you Danni, I will do anything to be with you!" I say looking into her eyes that are like pools of blue.

"Michael.." she sighs

"Danni. Don't do this" I say, not being able to hold back the tears anymore as one trickles down my cheek.

"I'm sorry, I don't want you getting hurt" she says and starts crying too.

"But he's in prison now, it's all fine, he won't hurt us" I say trying to persuade her.

"Michael don't" she presses her fingers to my lips to shut me up. Every word is breaking me inside. I can feel my heart breaking, shattering into thousands of pieces. My chest tightens and I'm starting to find it hard to breathe. I can't live without her.