Chapter 97

Danni's POV

We head out to the cake testing place. Michael getting excited over the fact we are eating cake.

"So will we be able to eat the whole cake?" Michael says poking my shoulder.

"No Michael, just a slice of each" I laugh at his childish behaviour. He sticks his bottom lip out like a child.

"Hi, are you Mr and Mrs Clifford?" a smiling woman asks us. I smile at the thought of people calling us that.

"To be, yes" I smile and she gives me a satisfying grin. She shows us to a small metal table outside, sat under the shade.

"Oh my god Michael! it really is you" a young woman says jumping. "I know you're busy but will I be able to have a quick picture?" she asks and Michael smiles.

"Of course" he says and stands to his feet. The young woman passes me her phone to take the picture. I look at Michael slightly crouching to match her height, squinting because of the sun, with his usual pose of sticking his tongue out.

"Thank you so much" she says and hugs Michael.

"Aw, thank you" Michael says and she runs away to a group of people who starts screaming.

A man brings over our first slice of cake and Michaels face lights up.

"This is the traditional vanilla sponge cake with cream and jam" he says and places our plates in front of us. We both pick up our forks and dig into the slice of cake.

"This is nice" Michael says and I agree.

After numerous average slices of cake later we are handed with a chocolate and vanilla marble cake with jam filling. We puncture the cake with our forks and once it contacts with our tongues we are both immediately in love with this cake.

"This one" Michael says taking another forkful of cake. "Fuck this is good" he says shovelling it into his mouth.

"So which one did you decide?" The man says to us after we've both eaten the slice of cake. I look at Michael and he nods to the place and smiles.

"I think this one" I say and he nods.

"Great choice" he says and gestures for us to follow him.

He leads us into a small room in the back. In the middle of the room is a large table with multiple cake magazines scattered over it.

"Chose your design and we will be able to make it to be collected tomorrow" the man says and leaves us. We both pick up a magazine each and start flicking through it.

"What about this one?" Michael shows me a small cake decorated with roses.

"Hmmm.. I don't know" I say but really I'm thinking it's a bit small. He smirks at me as if he can read my mind.

In total we looked through 20 magazines and we were getting tired.

"Oh!" Michael gasps. "What about this?" Michael says showing me a colourful three tiered cake with icing lilies on the top around the bride and groom statues.

"That's perfect. Reflects you with the colours" I laugh. "Excuse me, we've decided" I say to the man icing another cake.

"Perfect" he says putting his piping tube down, whipping his hands on his filthy apron and walking over to us. Michael show him the cake and he brings his hands up to his face. "Great choice" he says and takes the magazine from Michael.

We drive home feeling complete. Everything for the wedding on Friday is sorted. I sigh in relief and Michael does the same and places his hand on my thigh with both eyes fixed on the road ahead.

"You ready to go to Greece tomorrow and marry a complete idiot?" he laughs and my eyes widen.

"Never thought this through" I say and he laughs. "I'm so excited Michael" I laugh in disbelief.