Chapter 71

Danni's POV

We walk out of the hotel and down the dust stuck path.

"Oh my god horse and carts! can we please go on one?" Michael says like an excited child.

"Yes!" I say. Michael picks the pink cart with a white horse. Very punk and climbs on. He assists me up and we sit down on the worn black leather seat with white cloth wrapped around the outside of the cart. Michael whispers something to the driver and the cart starts going. The sound of the horses hooves along the pavements and the bumping of the cart of the road makes Michael giddy and excited.

"This is so fun!" He says excitedly which makes me laugh. It starts to go dark and the stars appear above us. We trot down a dark road by the side of a cannel lot up with fairy lights from the only building here. My favourite place to eat which I can never pronounce the name.

Michael gets off first and puts his hand out to help me down. We walk hand in hand to the front of the queue.

"We've booked" Michael says to the waiter who doesn't understand what he has said through his Australian accent so he looks at me for assistance.

"We've booked" I say to him and he nods and takes us to the back. I didn't even know there was a back. He sits us in the garden which they've decorated with fairy lights and candles just for us. Michael pulls out my chair and pushes it in once I've say down.

We both order bolognese pizza and Michael treats us to Champagne.

"This is really a lovely place. I can understand why you love it so much" he says. "2 years" he says holding his glass up

"2 years" i repeat tapping my glass on his. The waiter comes and serves us our pizzas which are very big.

"You look.. you look beautiful" Michael says before tucking into his pizza. " But this pizza is uh" he says rolling his eyes back in satisfaction.

"Uh I know" I say putting another slice in my mouth. The pizzas way too large for me, but I finish every last but because of how nice it is.

We finish our pizza and ask for the bill and head out. This time we don't get a horse and cart back, we go on a romantic walk. Hand in hand walking along the cannel side path towards the beach. We take our shoes off and feel the sand between our toes. Michael finally starting to like the sand. We walk on the beach with the warm sea lapping over our feet.

"Ouch!" I squeal. "I stood on something" I say before Michael sweeps me off my feet and carries me. He stops for a moment. My hair blowing back in the wind and dress swaying from the breeze. He stares at me then leans in. When my lips connect with his I feel the fireworks in the pit of my stomach the same fireworks from our first kiss at my mums house.

He carries me up the steps leading to our hotel and sits me on his lap on a white chair in the lounge area.

"Can I get you any drinks?" Freddie asks us

"What did he say?" Michael whispered to me

"He asked if we wanted drinks" I replied l.

"Umm can I have a beer please?" Michael says to Freddie who writes down his order.

"Just a lemonade for me please" I say to Freddie then he walks off. A couple minutes later Freddie brings us our drinks and leaves us for the night. The rest of the night I spend lying with my head on Michaels lap, with him stroking my hair.

"I love you" he whispers.

"I love you" I say back. I start to fall asleep but disturbed by Michael picking me up again and taking me upstairs to our apartment. He struggles with the key then pushes the door open with his back and drops me on the bed.

I get changed out of my beautiful dress and heals and get into bed waiting for Michael. Moments later Michael turns up naked. I burst out laughing.

"Forward much?" I laugh and he laughs diving into the bed and wrapping me in the thin white blanket like a cocoon.