Chapter 24

Michael's POV

"What's this?" A lump in my throat rises, I can feel it threatening tears. What's going on? I walk in and see this? Ash and Danni having a heart to heart. What? They were hugging. What would have happened if I hadn't have walked in. I can't cope with this. It's probably nothing, but she's mine. I stare at her staring at me with a gormless look on her face.

"Michael! it's nothing! Ash was just telling me something, it's nothing but a heart to heart. I promise you!" the plead in her voice is clear. I can't hold it back, a tear rolls down my check.

"Dude! I'm your best friend! I wouldn't do anything with your girl!" Ashton says in the same tone as Danni. I know it's true. It just hurts. I know I'm overreacting, I don't know how to cope with love this strong.

I walk straight past them straight upstairs to my room and slam the door behind me. I hear Danni's footsteps coming upstairs seconds later she's in my room only a meter away from me.

"Michael, I love you, Ash, he was just telling me about him wanting a relationship like ours, honestly. He wants to be as close and connected as we are" as Danni says this I feel like such a dick for doing this. I slap my hand on my head and pull my hair.

"I'm such a fucking dick!" I say in frustration. "Of course you wouldn't do that! what was I thinking, and Ashton! he's my brother! fuck!" I yell. She takes my hands in hers and presses her body against mine and looks up with her chin on my chest.

"I know it wasn't the nicest thing to walk in on, I was just comforting him, he's like a best friend to me Mike. I understand why you reacted like that, you're not a dick at all" she says kissing my chest. She's killing me. I love her so fucking much! I kiss her on the top of her head and remove my hands from hers and wrap them around her and she does the same.

"I love you Michael" she says into my chest. Who knew those three words could make my heart skip multiple beats.

"I love you too baby" baby? I've never called her a pet name before. Wow. I've never called anyone a pet name before. I know she likes it as I can feel her smile on my bare, wet, sparkling skin.