Jungkook ↬ 5 Years

↬ edited

"babe.. You'll always remember me right?" 

Jae smiled at me as I nodded,

"babe! you already know the answer! Of course I will! I will never forget you! EVER!"

she giggled as I cuddled with her on the couch, while tickling her a bit.

I put my head on the crook of her neck as she drifted off to sleep, ending our 5 year anniversary.

I met Jae 5 years ago at a cafe she worked on.  I found interest on her and decided to go to the cafe until we got close and she allowed me to court her. 

After almost 2 years of dating, I proposed to her and we got married.  I caressed the ring that I held in my ring finger. 

Bridal style, I carried Jae up the stairs and into our shared room.  

We weren't wealthy, but we weren't poor either. 

Placing her on the bed, I kissed her forehead before jumping next to her and falling asleep

"I love you"

  ➺ Morning ➺ 

I woke up, rubbing my eyes.  

As soon as I opened them, I was met by a really white room.

What the heck?? Hey! Where's Jae!?

I bolted up, but was stopped by the huge strike of pain from my back

Suddenly, I heard a familiar voice I had not heard in 5 years.

"JUNGKOOK! Yo-YOURE AWAKE!"

This time, I carefully sat down and looked beside me to see my mom... But how?

Didn't she die 5 years ago?

Clumsily, she stood up and went to the pother side of the room. 

My gaze followed her as she went to my dad who was sleeping on a couch

"what do you want Ji-"

"JUNGKOOK IS AWAKE!" she said 

Within a second, his father bolted up as he looked at Jungkook

"J-jungkook!" he wiped some tears in his eyes, "You're awake! A-af-after 5 years! my - my son!"

They came to me and hugged me as I patted them on the back

"wha- what do you mean? awake? and.. where's Jae?" i said looking around, ' an- and didn't you guys die in a car accident.. 5 years ago?"

My parents looked at each other, shock and confusion written all over their faces.

suddenly, My mom bursted out the doors, and soon came with another guy.. that seemed to be a doctor 

"doctor... why.. why does my son think we died 5 years ago and he keeps calling out for a person named Jae?"

The doctor looked at me before checking me up..

after that.. he looked at my parents with a serious face.

"It's a miracle he's alive after 5 years.... but.. he .. while he was in a comatose.. he was dreaming of what seemed like reality.."

I looked at the doctors confused

dream?

My mom's tears fell

"Jungkookie.. wh- what happened during these f-five years?" she stuttered trying to stay calm.

"I- I got married to Jae.. My wife.. It was our anniversary yesterday?  a- and" I looked over to my hand.. Whe- where's my ring??, "WHERE"S MY RING?"

the yell surprised everyone

"wh-what ring?"

"my- my wedding ring!"

My mom burst out crying as my dad calmed her before walking to me.

"Kookie.. those 5 years.. that was all a dream." he looke dat me straight in the eyes

"It was all a figment of your imagination.. Jae.. she doesn't exist kookie..."

I stared at him as tears fell

"No! STOP! Jae.. sh- she's real! I touched her! I heard her! I- I"

The doctors took my hand outr of my hair as he looked at me straight in the eyes

i gave up as tears fell carelessly on the bed..

5 years of a lie

5 years of dreaming

5 years of loving someone that never existed