Chapter #12: The promise from the son of the fire tribe

Aria POV

Ever since the incident with the guards and the firework, Tae-Jun has come here with a ton of food everyday. He also took some guards who had sworn their loyalty to him. They built a small local hospital for all of the villagers and hired doctors from the capital. I'm very proud of him and how he "rebelled" against his father and helped us instead of capturing us.

But now, the time has come for us to leave.

Yoon told me that we needed to go to the capital in order to get some more food. Of course, I understood that we would need to leave someday. But I didn't think that it would be so soon.

"Hey, Tae-Jun..." I said to get his attention. He turned around and looked at me. I gave him a sad smile.

"We've been in this village for a good while now, and it's time for us to leave. However, I have something to ask of you. Will you promise to help the villages of the fire tribe when we can't be there?" I asked him and he nodded.

"Of course I can! Please trust me" He said and smiled. I chuckled and looked away.

"Then I guess this is goodbye...for now" I turned around and walked up to Hak, Yoon and the dragons.

"Are you ready to leave, Aria?" Hak asked me. I nodded and smiled.

-Time skip-

"I'm actually really excited to see the capital" I smiled.

"You probably know the general since you know the son anyway, huh?" Yoon asked me. I didn't say anything, just smiled. Someone gasped.

"You know him?!" Yoon exclaimed.

"Maybe, maybe not" I answered with a smirk.

"How does miss know the general of the fire tribe?" Zeno asked with a smile. I turned to him and smiled.

"I met King Soo won some time after we found Shin-ah. We talked for a bit until his guard, General Joo doh of the sky tribe, came and attacked me" I froze after I finished my sentence. I saw Jea-ha and Zeno tense up. That's right, they weren't there

"...anyway, he must have told all of the generals about me" I continued and laughed dryly. Jea-ha and Zeno didn't think it was as funny.

"A grown up man, yet alone a general, attacked a young girl? That's hardly beautiful" Jea-ha said with a dark expression. Kija agreed and I just laughed.

"It's fine, really. He helped my leg recover at the castle" I defended Soo won, much to Hak's disliking.

"Uh-huh" He muttered and took out his Quan Dao. He gave it to me and I slowly took it. Then he let it go. Since I wasn't prepared for the weight of the giant weapon, I fell backwards with the spear on top of me.

"That is the weight of responsibility that you will have if you marry him" Hak said and took his spear. I choked on air and got up.

"How could you even suggest that?" I asked him and brushed the dirt off of my clothes. Hak grabbed my wrist and looked at me with a serious face.

"Then what is your relationship with him?"

I opened my mouth to say something, but stopped when I realized that I didn't know what to say. What is my relationship with him?

"Uh...friends?" I said carefully.

Hak sighed and let go of my wrist.

"Friends, huh?" He said and walked ahead. But before he did, I could hear him muttering something.

"He doesn't deserve you"

———————————————————————

I'm in Colorado right know ;))

Oh, and the flight here was awful. We were going to take a connecting flight in London here to Denver but the first flight was delayed, so we had to take three flights instead. One to London, one to Chicago and one to Denver. Take that plus having your period and then you're in an actual hell.

I also watched Harry Potter for the first time, it was pretty good :)

Anyway, I hope you enjoyed the chapter :))