Chapter #24: Red and Blue

Lili POV

Aria and her friends are really nice people. She told me that she would look into the Nadia problem and that she would help me get rid of the drug. Right now, she and her friend is escorting me, Ayura and Tetora back to my father. However, they said goodbye to us before we arrived at home. Aria probably didn't want father to know that she's here. She told me that she and Soo won had a lot of things revealed about themselves last time they met and that she didn't wish to see him right now. I told her that Ayura and Tetora could take care of me the rest of the way to father, since I know that he would report to Soo won if he knew Aria was here.

I walked through the corridors of the mansion I reside in and made my way to my father. He was in the meeting hall drinking tea.

"Lili, you are late. Where have you been?" He asked me.

"I...ran away from Ayura and Tetora since I wanted to look for Ar—Destiny" I lied, not wanting Ayura or Tetora to be punished because of me. They gave me confused but thankful looks and smiled at me.

"Did you find her?"

"No" I lied once again. Father nodded slowly.

"I see. I've sent a letter to King Soo won about the situation here, but I doubt he will come anytime soon" Father told me. I nodded slowly, surprised at what he had done.

"I'll be going to my room now, goodnight father" I said and turned around. I started walking out of the room with Ayura and Tetora behind me when my father called out my name.

"Lili?" He said. I turned around to face him.

"Yes?"

"If you go outside, do not leave Ayura and Tetora's side" He told me.

"...all right" I answered and kept walking towards my room.

-Timeskip-

"Ugh, I'm so bored" I said and stared out the window from my room. I sigh.

"I wonder what Aria is doing..." I muttered and searched the crowd for anyone that could be her.

"Oh, it seems like the young lady has taken a liking to the girl" I heard Tetora say.

"W-What?!"

"It would seem so. Too bad they have to stay outside in the water tribe's current condition. It's very cold these days" Ayura agreed. I went silent for a couple of seconds.

"You're right! What if something happened to her?! What if a Nadai addict came and did something? Sure, she has her guards and she's pretty strong— wait, all her guards are males! What if they try something?! Like that dark haired man, he is definitely stronger than her! Ayura and Tetora, we need to find—" I started, but Ayura stopped me.

"Calm down, my lady. If you are truly that concerned about the young lady, why not invite her to that hot spring that you love so much?" Ayura proposed, and I thought about it for a second.

"You're right! Ayura, Tetora, book rooms for us three, Aria and her guards. And do not by any means let father know! If you need money for it, please come here" I ordered them. Ayura sighed.

"You visit there at least twice a month, they would probably let you in for free" Ayura said and sweat dropped.

"Ah, the lady is so generous! Giving us a free weekend at the hot spring!" I heard Tetora say. I looked at her with an annoyed expression.

"It's not for you, it's for Aria! Tomorrow, we will look for her" I said before looking out at the small raindrops that have started hitting the small pond in the courtyard.

I hope nothing has happened to her or her group

Aria POV

I waved goodbye to Lili and got on Jea-ha's back. He jumped over many buildings to get us back to the camping site. Suddenly, I got an idea.

"Hey Jea-ha, can't we do a bit of sightseeing before we get back?" I asked him. He chuckled.

"Sorry Aria dear, we said that we would go straight back after Lili dear arrived home" Jea-ha replied. I pouted.

"But we didn't escort her all the way, so we still have some time! Please?" I begged him. He looked over his shoulder at me and I gave him my puppy eyes. He sighed and turned his head forward.

"Fine, just a bit, okay?" He said and landed. I smiled like a dork and nodded.

"Okay!" I got of his back and looked around. Since we're a bit further away from the capital, there weren't that many shops. A store with a lot of shimmering gems caught my eye and I ran over there. I could hear Jea-ha behind me.

"Look, Jea-ha! That one looks like Hak's hair" I said and pointed at a a black crystal necklace with spikes pointing different ways. Jea-ha chuckled and looked around, as if looking for someone. I ignored it and continued looking at the gems.

I wonder what currency they use here. Maybe I could trade one of the items from my time in exchange for some money?

I start thinking about what I could trade when Jea-ha suddenly pulled on my arm. I looked at him and saw him staring at a building.

"Aria, let's check that building out" Jea-ha said. I nodded and followed him. As soon as we reached the building, I realized what kind of establishment it was.

"You can go in there yourself, I'll wait here" I said and looked at the building. Jea-ha didn't answer for some seconds, but then he turned around.

"I can't leave you here alone though" He said.

"Yes you can, now shoo!" I said waved him off. Out of the corner of my eye, I could see some familiar faces approaching us. I smile and turn to Yoon and Shin-ah, who are now standing in front of me.

"Why are you two here?" I asked them.

"We were going to buy some ingredients for dinner but now since we've done that, we decided to look for you two" Yoon answered and Shin-ah nodded.

"I see, we'll go back with the two of you then, right Jea-ha?" I turned to Jea-ha. He looked at me and smiled.

"You go ahead. There's something weird about this establishment, I'm going to check it. I'll be back by dinner" He said and before I could answer, he had already walked into the building. I saw a drunk looking man close the door behind Jea-ha with a smirk. Creeped out by the man, I walked back to the camp with Yoon and Shin-ah.

Something is wrong with that place

——————————————————-

At the time that I'm writing this, it's August but this chapter will probably come out in like September or October

Edit: nope, it came out in November