Chapter #55: Enemies or allies?

Kija POV

This man....

Hak's sworn enemy and the one that Aria was so anxious about!

As soon as I thought that, I felt my blood rush through my claw and it grew bigger. This immediately alarmed the nearby soldiers.

Aria is not here! Did he do something?! Because she knows the truth about why he became king?!

"What's with that guy's hand?!"

"A monster...?!"

"Get back!"

"Stay away from the king!" The soldiers ran forth and tried to stop me, while Tetora tried to stop them.

"Wait! Everybody, please sto—"

"Get back, Tetora" The head of the water tribe said and aimed an arrow at me.

"Lord Yoon-Gi!"

"Do not move, strange one. If you do, I will shoot straight through your heart" He said. Shin-ah unsheathed his sword and stood next to me so he could cut the arrow if the man shot it.

"Please Wait! These men are the people that Miss Aria sent the other letter to!" Tetora said. Me, Shin-ah and everybody else looked at her in confusion.

The 'other' letter? That's right, she said that the other one that Aria sent was probably for General Yoon-Gi.....

"General Yoon-Gi, it's all right. Please lower your bow" King Soo won said and looked at me. I felt and heard my heart beat through my chest and wondered if the others can hear
it too.

This man...he was the one that killed the late king, the one that wounded Hak and the one that could harm Aria.....the rightful queen of this country...

Back then, I swore that the next time I saw him, I wouldn't stop Hak. When I saw Aria being so anxious and scared of this man, even if it was just for a few hours, I swore that I would save her from that fear! To the one that brought such fear to the daughter of King Hiryuu, I should be taking revenge!

And yet, why can't I move?!

"Excuse me..." King Soo won said which snapped me out of my thoughts. I turned to look at him, but still remained weary.

"...that hand, were you born with it?" He asked me. I hesitated a little before answering him.

"...yes"

"Who are you two, exactly?" He asked me. I straightened my back and stood tall with confidence and pride.

"We are Hakuryuu and Seiryuu of the four dragon warriors, servants of King Hiryuu and his precious daughter" I said, surprising the people around us.

"The four dragons warriors?"

"The legendary warriors who appear in the myth of Kouka's founding?" Two guards conversed in confusion before laughing.

"What are you saying? That you are the incarnations of the dragon gods? What a shameless claim!"

"And if you think about it, you're no monster. That hand is just fake, right? Also, there wasn't even any record of King Hiryuu having a daughter! It's probably just some woman who pretends to be something she's not. How pitiful!" He laughed, at the same time mocking Aria. I could hear Shin-ah grit his teeth and see him stiffen. I could feel my blood start to boil once again and feel how it was harder to control the dragon hand. To keep myself from tearing the guard apart, I slammed my hand into the ground, making it crack in different directions.