Chapter #43: Alive

Aria POV

"Wh-What? His injury healed?"

"D-don't be stupid!"

"But you saw it, right? He..."

"You were just seeing things. You thought he was sliced down. This time, I'll definitely kill him!" The soldiers stopped conversing and ran towards Zeno.

"Zeno!" I tried to get to him with sword in hand. The soldier stabbed him and he fell backwards into my lap. I grabbed him and glared at the soldiers.

"I...Look, I stabbed him through the heart, now he's..." The soldier was interrupted by a weird sound, like something was sticking together. I looked at Zeno's wound and saw that it was healing. Zeno stood up and looked at the soldiers, who now screamed in fear.

"Wh-what is this guy...?! His injuries...his body! This is a joke! I've seen my comrades die with their innards splattered countless times! Something this ridiculous...can't happen!" The soldier screamed and cut off Zeno's arm.

"I'll cut you to pieces!" The soldier said and cut off Zeno's other arm.

"T-that should do it" The soldier said and smirked wickedly.

"Miss. Lend me your blade" Zeno said. I put my sword in front of me. Zeno's arm grabbed the sword a flew around the soldier and stabbed him from behind.

"Ha...ah?" A soldier said before screaming in fear.

"His arm moved...and stabbed him?!"

"If I am so terrifying, would you please go back home?" Zeno calmly said.

"Someone...Someone! Kill this guy-this monster!" Multiple soldiers reacted to this and began to ride towards me, Yoon and Zeno. Zeno turned around to face me. He patted my head and used his hand to wipe off some of the blood on my face.

"Ze...no?" I said. Zeno smiled and ran towards the soldiers.

"Zeno!" I screamed after him. Zeno jumped and was able to pierce a soldier that was on a horse. The soldier fell to the ground, dead. Another soldier came up and struck Zeno with his sword in his face, but his wound quickly healed, scaring the soldier. Suddenly, four soldiers pierced him with their swords and then it was my turn to scream.

"Drop dead!"

"Stop...Stop it!" I screamed and watched as a soldier cut off Zeno's head. I put my hands on the ground and leaned my head forward to face the ground. I breathed and tried to get the feeling of wanting to throw up away. I felt dizzy and laid my forehead onto the ground. Yoon came up beside me and put his hand on my back.

Get your shit together, Aria. Zeno just got his head cut—

I tried to direct my mind to other thoughts, but a soldier's voice stopped me.

"Did that kill him? I cut his head off..."

"No matter how you slice it..." Zeno's body regenerated and he stood up, alarming the soldiers. They screamed. My eyes widened as realization finally hit me.

That's right. The fourth dragon, the yellow dragon, with the unbreakable body that never breaks or gets sick

"What are you?! How are you still moving?! Why are you still living?!"

Zeno is....

"I've finally been able to see them...no matter how many times you tear me apart, I will be everyone's shield" Zeno said and dashed towards the soldiers.

"Ah! Get away!" The soldier screamed and tried to cut Zeno, but his sword couldn't cut through him.

...unkillable

"What?! My sword...won't slice through..." The soldier said.

"You can't...cut me anymore" Zeno said and grabbed the soldier's face to push him down to the ground with an amazing force that crushed the soldier's head. Another soldier swung his sword towards Zeno, but he stopped the sword with his hand a broke it in two. He kicked the soldier in a way that reminded me of Jea-ha's dragon leg. The soldiers ran away from Zeno while screaming in fear.

"What's going on?!" A new soldier shouted. Zeno made his way to where Kija and the others were.

"Zeno!" Kija exclaimed.

"It...it's that monster!" A soldier exclaimed. I frowned at the nickname, but Zeno didn't care. He jumped into the air and landed on the soldier, crushing him. Zeno stood up and faced Kija.

"...Hi! Is everyone okay?" Zeno said in his normal, happy voice.

"Ze...no" Kija said and just looked at him.

"There, There. I'm still alive"

"You...what on earth..." Kija said. Zeno looked at his hand.

"Unless I'm attacked, I'm the odd one that doesn't have any powers. However, when this body regenerates, it turns into steel. Right now, I have brute strength like Hakuryuu and I can kick like Ryokuryuu" Zeno said and turned to look at the terrified soldiers.

"What will you do now? Unlike you, I have no limits. I can go on fighting like this for hundreds of years. Come at me, I have all the time in the world" Zeno continued and glared at the soldiers. The soldiers seemed to get the message, because they quickly retreated. I noticed something out of gold shining on the ground and realized that it was Zeno's. I picked it up and held it in my clenched fist.

"Ah...the soldiers...they're retreating...!" Yoon exclaimed. I quickly stood up and ran towards Zeno.

"Zeno!" I shouted at him with Yoon behind me.

"Oh, Miss! Are you okay—" I didn't let Zeno finish since I threw myself at him and hugged him. I put my arms around his neck and buried my teary face in his shoulder. I almost knocked him over, but Shin-ah and Kija caught us. We all landed on the ground and hugged Zeno. Shin-ah and Kija clearly joined in on the hug since I could feel their arms around me too.

"Hey, Hey, you're all hurt..." Zeno said. He probably saw my teary face and smiled.

"It's okay. I'm alive" He continued and hugged us back. Hak and Jea-ha stood behind us and smiled.

"You're all adorable"

——————————————————

Awwww

.....

whoever counts the amount of times that Zeno is cut first gets a cookie 🍪