Chapter #51: The fort

Aria POV

~Flashback~

Hey Hak

When you're reading this I'm probably being taken somewhere. Please don't blame yourselves. This was my doing and what had to be done according to me. You've probably already figured it out, but it was Tsubaru. I knew it since the start, but she stuck to us like glue so I couldn't tell you.
Anyway, here's what I need you to do:
I've sent a letter to someone else asking for his and the wind tribe's support in taking down the fort. I've told him that Lili is with me, so he should come here and maybe bring the wind tribe.

Please work together with the people I send the other letter to

Sincerely, Aria

Hello Soo won

I'm sorry about how we said goodbye last time. I'm not sure when this letter will get to you, but it should get to you while me and Lili are somewhere in Sei. We have most likely been taken captive in the town called Tousui. Before you call me out for not stopping this, in order for us to take down Sei, this needed to happen. Please bring the wind tribe here and help me take Sei down from within. If you let this bird go with a pen and pencil, it should fly back to me and I'll be able to keep you updated.

Please hurry

PS: Hak will be there. I've sent him a similar letter.

Sincerely, Aria

I tied the messages on two different birds and let one go. I gave the other one to the bird owner.

"Let this one go tomorrow evening" I said. The bird owner nodded and put the bird back in the cage. I smirked and walked back to where everyone else was.

If everything goes to hell, this should work

~Flashback ended~

I felt like I was moving. Huh? I slowly opened my eyes and looked around.

"Aria?"

"...Lili?"

"What's going on? What happened?" Lili asked me. I felt anger and annoyance rise up inside me.

"Where is she?"

"Who?"

"That bitch Tsubaru. It also seems like we're in a carriage"

"Get down!" Someone shouted outside the carriage. We all got out and looked around. I mentally growled. As I thought, slavery.

"What...what is going on here?" Lili said beside me. A few people started questioning where we were.

"Sei? You say this is Sei?! What is going on?!"

So we are in Sei

"We got hurt in the festival at Tousui! The clinic was already full so we came to see the neighboring town..."

"Why have you brought us to Sei?!"

"I haven't heard of this!"

"Let us go back now!"

Everyone is silenced by the sound of a whip and someone crying out in pain. The man that had demanded to be allowed to go home was whipped and he fell to the ground.

"Stand down! Those who resist will be killed! You were all brought here to be slaves! A slave's job is simple! It is to build a fort here!" The guard shouted. I smirked.

Time to do what I do best; be annoying and way to confident

"I don't know, I usually don't work without a reason. Why is this fort being built?"