Chapter Thirty-One: First Night Home

Sergio grinned as he lifted Aoife-Belle from her car seat, he held her in his arms as he looked over at Gabriela as she settled down onto the couch; the footballer knew that she was happy to be home especially after spending the night in the hospital.

“Are you ever going to put her down?” the blonde mused as she watched her boyfriend with their daughter, she smiled as she thought about the picture that Sergio had taken earlier of the three of them that he had proceeded to share on Twitter for everyone to see.

The Sevillian grinned and shook his head as he looked down at Aoife-Belle, he wasn’t ashamed to admit that he was completely in love with the newborn; she was only a day old and already he would do anything for her.

“So I was thinking about sleeping arrangements,” Sergio said as he sat down next to Gabriela, the blonde nodded her head knowing that everything was different now especially since they were dating; he wanted to be as close to the blonde and their daughter as possible.

Aoife-Belle cooed making Sergio smile at he looked down at her, he was thrilled to see that she had inherited his brown hair and he knew that she would love her nursery.

“I was wondering if maybe we could share a room… I want to be close to you and Aoife-Belle,” Sergio admitted as he looked at his girlfriend, he didn’t want to pressure her into anything; he was aware about how new their relationship was and he wished that he had wasted so much time with Pilar would he could have had Gabriela.

“I’d like that,” the blonde said as she smiled at him, she knew that they needed to take things slow but right now they needed to focus on Aoife-Belle and working together to look after her.

***

“Buenas noches mi princesa,” Sergio whispered as he carefully settled Aoife-Belle into her crib, he pressed a kiss to her head as he smiled down at her as Gabriela watched him from the doorway; the blonde smiled softly as she watched the two most important people in her life.

Gabriela carefully turned off the light so that the newborn could sleep as Sergio collected the baby monitor; he smiled at his girlfriend, who was dressed in a set of crime print top and PJ bottoms ready for bed.

The couple quietly shut the door behind them knowing that the baby wasn’t going to sleep more than three or four hours at a time.

“Princesa?” Gabriela asked softly as she and Sergio headed for what used to be just his bedroom, it was the largest bedroom in the house and was more than perfect for the couple; the Sevillian had spent most of the afternoon moving Gabriela’s things into the room for her while she rested and looked after Aoife-Belle.

“That’s what she is… she’s mi princesa,” Sergio said with a smile on his face, he had never felt like this before and he was thrilled to be a father; he had adored the newborn more than anything else in the world.

Gabriela smiled as she settled down on the bed, she had been surprised how big this room was and was even more impressed that Sergio had prepared it slightly for their daughter; the footballer set the baby monitor on the side of the bed as he listened to Aoife-Belle’s breathing as she slept.

“Why do I have a feeling that I’m going to be the strict parent?” Gabriela teased as she watched her boyfriend, he grinned as he climbed into bed knowing that she was probably right; he had always wanted a little girl that he could spoil and now that he had one, he was going to find it difficult to say no to anything that she wanted.

“That’s because I’m the fun parent… but she’s not dating until she’s thirty,” Sergio said stubbornly as he looked at his girlfriend, he knew that no man would ever be perfect for his little girl and he had a feeling that he was going to have to fight them off with a stick when she was older.

Gabriella laughed softly as she kissed his lips, she knew that he was going to be overprotective when Aoife-Belle was older; but right now she was looking forward to just seeing her grow up.

Sergio held his girlfriend close, he didn’t know what he would have done if things had worked out differently; he couldn’t see himself doing this was anyone else.

“Buenas noches,” Gabriela said pulling away from Sergio, she was tired and knew that in a few hours Aoife-Belle would wake up and both of them needed their rest.

The footballer watched his girlfriend fall asleep knowing that he was lucky; he couldn’t see anyone else being the mother of his child and Gabriela seemed the most suited to the position.

***

Gabriela groaned softly as she heard Aoife-Belle’s cries, she blinked tiredly as she looked at the clock and frowned knowing that she had to get up; however before she climbed out of bed, Sergio stopped her.

The footballer yawned as he climbed out of bed as he looked at the clock, he knew that he had training the following day and that in a couple of hours he had to get up.

“I’ll get her,” Sergio insisted knowing that Gabriela had done the last feed, he smiled as he watched the blonde go back to sleep; he carefully padded out of the master bedroom and headed straight for the nursery.

The Sevillian fought back a yawn as he carefully picked Aoife-Belle, he smiled as he held the little girl close knowing that he would do just about anything for her.

Sergio quietly walked out of the nursery and headed for the kitchen, his bare feet padded on the floor as he rocked Aoife-Belle as he calmed her down so that she didn’t wake Gabriela; he didn’t want to disturbed the blonde knowing that she deserved a rest.

The footballer settled the newborn in her chair, he smiled as he moved to prepare her some milk; Gabriela had made sure to bottle some so she didn’t have to do all of the night time feedings.

Sergio tested the milk before he moved to picked Aoife-Belle up, he held her close as he walked towards the family area and sat down; the Sevillian smiled as he started to feed his daughter.

“Mi princesa,” Sergio murmured as he looked down at her, he couldn’t believe that she was his daughter; she was the most beautiful thing in the world and he couldn’t show her off.

His parents had called to inform him that they would be coming to Madrid at the end of the week, they wanted to allow the couple to settle down with their newborn before they crowded the small family.

“You’re the best mistake that I’ve ever made… if it wasn’t for you then I would have never found your madre,” Sergio whispered as he pressed a kiss to her head as she suckled quietly on the bottle; he doubted that she knew what he was saying but he knew that he was right.

If he hadn’t of gotten Gabriela pregnant with Aoife-Belle then he wouldn’t be in this position and feeling like this; the two made his world complete and the footballer wouldn’t change anything for the world.

“I love you,” Sergio said softly as he watched Aoife-Belle, he was going to be the best father that she could ask for.