Fairy Tale 1

Tale 1: Beauty and the Beast (PT 1)

Shane stretched as he woke up. He had the weirdest dream about a boy with blond hair and green eyes. He had never met a boy who looked like that but he felt familiar.
Shane stepped out of the house. He waved at his uncle "Uncle Gar, are you already leaving?" he asked.
The man who took care of him and his sister was their uncle. Their parents passed when they were younger so the older man had taken them in.
Uncle Gar looked up from his seat on the cart "Yes, do you want anything when I get back? Drina asked for some fabrics," he called back.
Shane thought about it for a moment "Bring me a Sunflower," he said.
His uncle didn't say anything about it, he knew Shane loved planting flowers and getting new ones were always wonderful for his garden. The older man nodded "I'll see you two in a week and two day, try to keep from killing each other," he called.

A week and one day had passed and Uncle Gar had given away his wares and was heading back home. On his journey he stopped at an abandoned manor.
He was stopping simply to rest up and make tomorrow's long day journey home.
Upon entering the manor there was food set on the table. He ate some of it, although having eaten his ration for the evening. Exploring the manor he found a large back yard filled with flowers of all kinds.
In the very center was a beautiful sunflower. Gar went up to it and slowly dug it out carefully. A shadow cast over him. He looked up to see something horrifying, a soft rumble came from the figure "I let you into my home freely, I leave food for you to eat and you STEAL FROM ME?" the creature said. It sounded hurt.
Gar felt it grab his shirt "Please its for my nephew!" he begged.
The creature became interested "Nephew? Why would a boy like flowers?" it asked.
Gar watched the creature release his shirt "His mother and father passed when he and his sister are young, they live with me but his mother love flowers and he did too," he replied.
The thing was thinking about something. It looked at him "Send him here and I will let him keep his flower," the creature said.
Gar looked fearful but left freely as the creature stepped aside.

When Gar returned, he told his niece and nephew of the news. Shane had packed his stuff and told Drina and Gar goodbye.
He arrived to the manor. It looked just like the one his uncle told him about. As he knocked on the door it opened with ease and Shane stepped inside.
A large figure stood at the stairs. It wore a cloak "Are you the nephew of that thief?" it asked.
Shane nodded "Yes but my uncle was no thief! Are you the beast my uncle spoke of?" he replied quickly.
The figure stepped down the stairs and Shane realized they were bigger than him. Shane could barely see the beast's face under his shadowed hood but he could see blond fur covering the stranger's face "Do you think I am a beast?" it asked.
Shane felt fear prickle at his skin "No I can't see your face," he replied.
They slid their hands out from their cloak, large paws with blond fur pulled back their hood. A wolf with sharp ram horns stared at him, one eye green and the other was blue "Am I a beast now?" the wolf asked.
Shane started at it in horror and shock. The creature pulled its hood back up "I thought so," it said.